Considering satellite

The Guvnor

I have an IPTV sub at the moment which is good but can lag from time to time. My connection isn’t great tbh.

I am considering going down the sat CS route for BT Sport etc on 28east, would you say it’s worth it now?

Secondly, I have a 1M dish and motor which I used to use back in the day.

I’m thinking about reviving it for Premiership football, but looking at what sats are available, the reception on my dish would be variable?

I have a 1m motorised waiting to be put up,
Currently I have a 65cm fixed on 13 19 and 28, quite a bit of EPL and other sports available on those SATs,
I mostly watch BTsports , Eurosport, Nsport, and motoGP

ive just setup a 3 lnb zone 2 80cm dish and 28e,19e and 13e have all worked without a glitch
even with all the heavy rain we have had so your 1m would be fine
theres enough english audio channels just on 19e to keep me happy if im honest

heres all the sats my line opens up so you know what sats you can get

85.2°E - Kontinent TV Russia
39.0°E - Bulsat,Polaris
36.0°E - Tricolor,NTV +Russia SD & HD
28.2°E - Sky UK
23.5°E - Skylink hd,Canal Digitaal Ned.
19.2°E - Movistar+ (Digital+) Espana HD
19.2°E - CanalDigitaal HD
19.2°E - Sky Deutschland HD
19.2°E - TV Vlaanderen Digitaal
19.2°E - HD+ Deutschland HD with Eurosport 2 HD XTRA
19.2°E - MTV Networks HD
19.2°E - ORF Digital HD
19.2°E - Viacom HD
19.2°E - TNT SAT HD
19.2°E - TeleSat HD
16.0°E - TEAM:SAT (BiH)
(Hayat TV, BN Sat, Face TV, OBN, RTRS...)
16.0°E - Max TV Sat (HR)
16.0°E - Pink Media Group (SRB)-
16.0°E - HRT (HR) , Freesat RO
16.0°E - Antik Sat CZE-SVK
13.0°E - ALL XXX
13.0°E - Cyfrowy Polsat HD
13.0°E - NC+ HD (Cyfra+)
13.0°E - SRG SSR Swiss HD
13.0°E - Mediaset Premium
13.0°E - Tivusat HD
13.0°E - GlobeCast
13.0°E - Viacom Media HD
13.0°E - Bis TV
13.0°E - Eurosport package
9.0°E - Kabel kiosk HD
4.8°E - Viasat SD
0.8°W - Canal Digital Nordic HD Swe/Fin/Nor/Dk
0.8°W - Digi TV HD
0.8°W - UPC Direct HD Full
0.8°W - Focus Sat Full
7.0°W – ART
30.0°W - MEO HD Full
30.0°W - Zon TV Cabo HD Full

Last edited:
Thanks for the info guys, I get from 12w-39e.

Is the Bein package a no go on a 1M in Europe?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Is there a good guide anywhere to getting started with all this (how it works, equipment needed, where to buy, how to setup/ install etc?). I've looked around but it seems only way is to piece together info from many sources.

You will get a fair amount of stuff with a 1 m dish and a euro line,Is the dish and motor still in working order

Hi I have a 1 m motorised ,will a Edison os mini ,enigma 2 run a euro line,inputting biss keys ,if not would and anyone recommend a good cheap stb capable of running a euro line

Hi I have a 1 m motorised ,will a Edison os mini ,enigma 2 run a euro line,inputting biss keys ,if not would and anyone recommend a good cheap stb capable of running a euro line
The golden v8 will do the job and will run a motorized dish,I might have a spare one knocking about if it helps

@steptoe Have you STILL not put that dish up yet? :grin:

@The Guvnor The main BEIN package isn't possible on CS i'm afraid - you could get a genuine box but that's expensive not to mention you'd need a much bigger dish than a 1m - probably a 2.4m+

I am a Man Utd supporter and Sport TV3 on 30w seem to have every Man U game on it - shame you can't get this sat as it's quite good for football. There's a lot on 6'eren on o.8w too and Movistar Futbol on 19.2e... loads of other channels on other sats too and also feeds.

An osmini will be dine for a euroline, I have one, but BISS keys on it are a tad complicated, to say the least, I'm still working on that, although only sporadically as I'm not a football fan really.

Nor yet @ste , need to get the missus in the right state of mind first, :)
and sort out what box will be running it,

It’s still working well, needs realigning a bit but the motor still works fine.

I used to use it for Viasport back in the day, is this no longer a big player in Prem football?

@steptoe Have you STILL not put that dish up yet? :grin:

@The Guvnor The main BEIN package isn't possible on CS i'm afraid - you could get a genuine box but that's expensive not to mention you'd need a much bigger dish than a 1m - probably a 2.4m+

I am a Man Utd supporter and Sport TV3 on 30w seem to have every Man U game on it - shame you can't get this sat as it's quite good for football. There's a lot on 6'eren on o.8w too and Movistar Futbol on 19.2e... loads of other channels on other sats too and also feeds.
Big big shame being a man u supporter,The other manchester team seem to be the big fish in the pond these days :grin::grin::grin:

Will a 1m dish pick up 30w,?
The FiL is a big manU supporter,
I have sight from 28.2e to about 60w,

@moshibeth you're right - they're running away with it this year and it does appear that they're gonna win it but the question is if they can keep hold of it the following year.

@The Guvnor Viasport isn't a big player anymore for PL football - you have to do a bit of searching these days... lots on thor though but plenty of other options across the arc, especially for the bigger teams.

@steptoe Yes, it should be - my 1.1m picks it up with really strong signal.

Back