considering vu+ duo. Is it for me?

ruud82

After reading a few posts I've been considering a vu+duo today. I was wondering though if anyone can clarify the following:

1. If i buy from a certain well known site with image set up and hdd installed. Will it be a case of pretty much plug and play once i have a line installed?

2. Do i need to do much to keep on top of it or will it keep itself up to date? Minimum effort and required knowledge would be preferable. I dont want to have to tinker.

3. What else can the box offer over and above most others? I read something about football. Can i watch football on it that i would t be able to elsewhere?

Thanks

yes great box and if you had a fixed dish on 1 sat and motorised dish on another hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm well covered,vix image,7 day epg and autobouquet setup no more lost channels.
unsure what you mean by elsewhere?

yes great box and if you had a fixed dish on 1 sat and motorised dish on another hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm well covered,vix image,7 day epg and autobouquet setup no more lost channels.
unsure what you mean by elsewhere?

So all i need to do then is buy from wos with vix installed and i can plug in and go? (after connecting a line). Wont need to do anything else and channels will stay up to date for me? Almost as easy as a normal sly box?

Not too sure about motorised dishes. I dont have the know how and not sure im willing to learn lol. I need it to be as simple and non-technical as possible.

What i mean by football is can i watch live football on it that isnt being broadcast on the usual bt sports, setanta, ss channels etc.

Thanks.

Thanks. I read on another thread its something like vlp. Im not sure. Seems like it may be too complicated anyway.

So can anyone confirm then if its simply a case of plug and play if i get it from wos with image preinstalled? And auto updates etc will be taken care of easy?

Im reading a lot of 'help' threads with people unable tobget set up etc. I dont want to even have to attempt a set up and having to download this and thay. I want to be able to just plug it in, enter a line (which i can just about do) and watch/record tv. :)

no. it will not be plug and play. it just means they haave installed the image. you will have to do the following
1. put on your line
2. setup your cam
3. setup your 7 day epg
4. obviousley a channel scan through autoboquets.you can learn the rest as you go

entering line info can be daunting at first depending if you want to use a cline or nline you need an ipk file suited to your cam and is loaded to your box by an ftp program like filezilla which loads it to box,there maybe an other program that can put lines,channel list ,picons in easier

yes it is easier to set up Cccam however, like cactikid says it is a bit ,more tricky setting up MGcamm. for your picons that is fairly stright forward if you use rats picon updater. if you dont want to use autboquets he has a channel list aswell which you just install the addon and hit download and it will work. however, i prefer autoboquets as it picks up the info for your local area. there is also stuff like ts media and bbci i player and itv player.

Okay. So after i follow those 4 steps would i be done? For example i could then leave it as it is for two years and not need to do anything else?

Also how difficult are those 4 steps? Can i use a step by step guide?

I set up a line on the bm5000s and that was easy enough using the guide on here.

no not 2 years as vix is always writing and fixing bugs there maybe loads of updates to do by remote,the odd time a full reflash is needed because your firmware cannot advance firmware and new image is a complete new build from ground up and you cant use backup to reinstall.
putting a line in once correct ipk file loaded to box ,i use filezilla to open the file and edit with notepad.there are other pc programs one can use but cant think of name.

Ah Thank you. I guess the fact that i dont particularly follow all that gives me my answer then lol.

I just waned something thats easy to use and that i dont have to think about. 250+ quid is a bit too much for me when ive got to keep on top of that too. Its not far of my sly sub and i dont have to worry about updating.

I might just get myself the blade as well and forget about the recording lol.

Back