Constant Freezing No Matter What I do

gary27

Hi all
I had issues with my first boxes i had openbox V8s freezing and the like....

No i upgraded to venton unibox all hard wired via internet plugs ungraded to faster broadband changed line provider and updated box to latest firmware and still having problems.....The amount of money ive spent i should of just stayed with sky.......
Constant freezing on sky movies now plex keeps saying no data and wont play some movies and its glitching like hell on FTA channels................im at the point now were a large metal device will put it out of my misery.....

This cant continue any longer there has to be a reason for this

Help please

If its glitching like hell on the FTA channels, it must be something wrong with your dish alignment or LNB.

its never done it before
you think i should go for new dish and LnB

---------- Post Merged at 08:48 PM ----------

Could you recommend a good dish (fairly priced) and a 8 LnB please

I agree with leader....glitching on fta isnt anything to do with your provider...the issue will be at your end....poor/loose connections....damaged cable or dish alignment/signal strength

all connections fine.....dish is old sky one been up for over 5 yrs now....also lnb got broke off in heavy snow couple of years ago...fixed it back....could be that

fta no server needed so just try lnb dish should be ok mine been up longer i would try signal meter on box and try move dish a wee bit

all connections fine and alignment and lnbs rechecked-nope until your 100% assured things are good expect issues.clear line of sight?

it would not cause the amount of issues im having tbh ive just bought a sat finder and im going to get new dish and LnB and if that dont fix it then a very large hammer is going to have a meeting with the box and i will bite the bullet and go back to sky..........
ive spoke to a few people regarding this issue and just a few glitches here n there no issues.....

Try the box at a friends house on a different dish,if its working ok then you know your dish is the issue

You do not need a great amount to misalign the dish but the fact that the LNB was broke and repaired would be my bet to all the issues.

UPDATE:
ive changed the LnB and the little bubble is centre signels are up and much better, I had the freezing on the boxes so i did sat rescan han that seems to help...
Main box is getting 89% snr and 99% on the other bar...
BUT i had the odd freeze,,,,i have a sat finder box i purchased but it never worked i hooked up to one of the cabes from LnB and the other end connected to lnb and nothing im not sure if the patch cable is to long.....
so i dont know if dish or LnB are in right place

If your getting that amount of signal then you dish is fine,You say your using home plugs/tp links to run your box,Hard wire your box direct from your router and i bet you will see a big difference

Back