• new updated virgin media splitter.jpg
    new updated virgin media splitter.jpg
    9.1 KB · Views: 35
  • 3 way splitter.jpg
    3 way splitter.jpg
    10.6 KB · Views: 34
Last edited:
Not sure on that one - it should be ok.

If it's just the splitter you're after, it costs twice as much as the one in the original post: Ebay Link which is known good.
If you need the cable as well then it might be a good shout.

You will need a 5-1000 MHz splitter, that one is for satellite and it might attenuate your input signal.

You will need a 5-1000 MHz splitter, that one is for satellite and it might attenuate your input signal.
It says cable in the description

---------- Post Merged at 10:33 PM ----------

Not sure on that one - it should be ok.

If it's just the splitter you're after, it costs twice as much as the one in the original post: Ebay Link which is known good.
If you need the cable as well then it might be a good shout.
i needed the cable too so yeah im gonna give it a go later. Thanks for the info

When these splitters are designed/made they are setup for a center frequency and in the case of the one
in the link that would be 1250 MHz, cable operates in the 5-1000 MHz area so the attenuation will
increase the further you move away up or down from the center frequency.
If you have a very strong signal it might work without problems, but in my experience its always better
to buy the right one for the job.

just my 2p

i have the wrong one fitted and found that link and bought 2 of them 5-1000,now i also need to buy the proper crimped cables ends and the caps or terminators? for unused ports.

If anyone is settings up cable on these boxes only use the Virgin QuickStart connection pack. That's what they use on their installations and also use a tratec solider everything is working flawlessly. Don't buy cheap ones on the Internet or your going to have signal issues and tuner failed on some channels

---------- Post Merged at 11:34 AM ----------

Tratec splitter sorry

It's a sat splitter like the one above, it just has a bigger range,
cable splitters are 5 - 1000 Mhz.

If you have problems then change it, or get better leads, but everyone I know uses sat splitters without any problem.

Ok let me rephrase it, everyone I have set up a box for that requires a splitter
gets a Konig lol

I'm getting signal issues with my 3-way 5-2400 Konig splitter, can anyone suggest an alternative? The supplier of the splitter did mention that if all outputs have a device connected the signal should stabilise, is that true?

Back