Correct Settings For New Router

Erinville

My brother is switching to Sky Broadband shortly.
Just wondering if there are any settings on the modem that I need to change to "hide" my IPTV service from Sky?

Use a VPN

And do these settings on SKY :

Sky customers,I was advised to Disable IPv6 on the LAN side. in the router settings. Log into your router, Usually 192.168.0.1 on your browser. go to Advanced - Then LAN IP Setup - and untick "Enable IPv6 on LAN side" This helps to stop buffering and helps things to run smoother.

And look at picture I have added
aa16570e4fe81ed44b8be8dac91f0535.jpg

Sent from my MIX using Tapatalk

At the end of the day the device you use shows up anyway,you can't hide that.Sky as far as i know don't monitor traffic.As said above,turn off sky shield and disable ipv6 is the thing to do.Most people use a vpn for epl blocks but most good IPTV providers have things in place for that now without the need for a vpn.

Use a VPN

And do these settings on SKY :

Sky customers,I was advised to Disable IPv6 on the LAN side. in the router settings. Log into your router, Usually 192.168.0.1 on your browser. go to Advanced - Then LAN IP Setup - and untick "Enable IPv6 on LAN side" This helps to stop buffering and helps things to run smoother.

And look at picture I have added
aa16570e4fe81ed44b8be8dac91f0535.jpg

Why would local IPv6 make any difference? That is for LOCAL connections only. For example your phone to computer. Not going to make any difference at all. You'll find that all your internet traffic runs via IPv4.

Although the Sky Shield thing does need to be adjusted as he has said.

Furthermore Sky probably doesn't give a **** if your using IPTV.

Why would local IPv6 make any difference? That is for LOCAL connections only. For example your phone to computer. Not going to make any difference at all. You'll find that all your internet traffic runs via IPv4.

Although the Sky Shield thing does need to be adjusted as he has said.

Furthermore Sky probably doesn't give a **** if your using IPTV.
Hahha I don't know how tf it does aswell. But I have been told by a reliable person so passed it on. Hope I was some sort of help

Back