Corrupted USB

Sir Osis

Any way to repair a corrupted usb for use on H2S?
I'm trying to initialise a 32gb stick but I get an "error input/output during read on dev/sda" fault every time .
I've tried low level format,windows format and mini tool partition wizard but nothing works.
Any ideas before I bin it?
Thanks.

Does it work on a computer?

If so then USB is not faulty.

Try formatting it as exFAT or FAT32 and see if this works.

It formats fine on windows,exfat,fat 32 ,ntfs the works.
Goes wrong on the zgemma for some reason.
I've got a 2nd zgemma but same result.

AH hold on, is it a new usb stick? where did you get it from? I ask as if you got it cheap from ebay it could be a fake usb stick, windows will indeed format a fake usb stick but when you start filling it you will then get errors, linux won't format/initialise a fake stick most of the time.

I also had a weird one some time ago, I bought a genuine quality USB stick, it worked for a while, then it wasn't seen by the H2S anymore.
Tried it on the laptop, no problem, reformatted, did all the usual stuff, but no H2S could read it.
I formatted it with NTFS and it now works happily on a Wii, but just won't on a Zgemma, I never came up with a solution, just accepted it.

I also had a weird one some time ago, I bought a genuine quality USB stick, it worked for a while, then it wasn't seen by the H2S anymore.
Tried it on the laptop, no problem, reformatted, did all the usual stuff, but no H2S could read it.
I formatted it with NTFS and it now works happily on a Wii, but just won't on a Zgemma, I never came up with a solution, just accepted it.
That's the same issue I have.PC recognises and formats any way I want but the H2S throws up an error every time.

no mention of name of usb
no mention of name of usb
No brand name,just a cheap one from China.

AH hold on, is it a new usb stick? where did you get it from? I ask as if you got it cheap from ebay it could be a fake usb stick, windows will indeed format a fake usb stick but when you start filling it you will then get errors, linux won't format/initialise a fake stick most of the time.
Not a new stick but it worked on the Zgemma when I got it first.

Last edited by a moderator:
Mine was a Toshiba branded stick, i just gave up and stuck it in the Wii with games on it.
I have no explanation as to what happened, i just used another.

Back