Cable Creating Hardlink to Timeshift file failed!

skunky

Hi everyone looking for solutioun to this.. I have ZGemma H2H, single line on vermin.

I am a newb to Z Gemma and site. Very limited posts and replies but I feel I have to post this as as i found a very easy fix.

My H2h worked perfectly on pause/record from the moment I set it up but one day it decided to show the message of "Creating Hardlink to Timeshift failed".

I had not altered anything and had the message come up on every channel switch and it started to get on my pip.

Only solution I found on the marvellous TechKings involved a USB stick out the front of my box which I did not want as I had a 64 GB memory card(Samsung BTW.. do not get the cheaper alternitives as they only present more problems), along with a well explained method but involved a few things I felt sure were irrelavent.

OK.... So here goes.....

Remove SD card... Reformat to EXT4 using free downloaded software called Mini Tool Partition Wizard free.. Link Below.. Instructions given how to format on website.

http://download.cnet.com/MiniTool-Partition-Wizard-Free-Edition/3000-2094_4-10962200.html?tag=mncol;2

I then remounted SD card after insertion(Box on standby only not powered down). Restarted box. Checked Timeshit location( and IPTVCache and EPG Data as that was originally stored on SD card before reformat toEXT4). All was as before SD card removed.

I have a fairly powerful PC (8gb RAM/3.2 Quad core)but the reformat took a good hour. So don't be impatient.

I did not alter any locations for Timeshift. All were set to /media/hdd/timeshift which I think is important.

After restart; pause worked perfectly. Error message gone. SD card sightless in side of box. (which is a sad but important thing for me(Still have one sticking out back.....media/sda1))

I hope this helps someone as I have had so much help from people on this forum I felt I had to put a little bit of something back... Good luck everyone

Back