CrossEpg affecting boot?

Jodydoc

hi guys,

i recently got a zgemma star s2 running vix. Now all is ok apart from having some trouble with crossepg. i have narrowed some problems down and it seems as though when i have selected "reload on reboot" my box freezes at the autumn wallpaper screen with vix logo in a constant spin. A channel info bar appears after 10 mins or so but never loads up past this. i will point out things i have tried below:

I have uninstalled crossepg, set up as normal again, set to media/usb, but when i reboot either soft or hard it gets stuck when booting.

when i take the usb out, it boots fine bit obviously no epg. i have tried a initialisation and created a file swap but no avail again.

again, when i set up cross epg, and deselect reload epg on boot, it boots fine and i can manually download the epg data.

the problem arises when i set it to load the data on boot, it will freeze everytime i restart, and again thats either with a hard or soft boot.

does anyone have any ideas?

your right in saying that it adds time to the boot however i have it set on my box to force reload on boot and my box boots up fine, yes when it boots to 100 it stays there for maby 2 mins, as expected as it is reloading the epg info, and then starts fine. maybe you should try another usb pen and see what happens. i find the kingston ones work well. im just using a 16gb bought for a fiver on flea bay

Or turn off force reload.
Reboot
Run EPG download.
Hold remote standby button and select Restart.

That should bed in ur EPG so its never missing again.

as i said before many boxes have had issues with crossepg loading automatically but manual download works perfect,my solo2 had no epg and manually downloaded it.

Back