1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hi Guest, If you haven't already please like our Facebook Page. We post Discount Codes for the Major online retailers. We saved members a fortune over Xmas and continue to post amazing discounts for everyday items. You need to add us to see what i'm taking about. CLICK HERE - click LIKE, add us to "SEE FIRST". So you don't miss expiring codes.

crossepg showing (i) instead of program info

Discussion in 'General Satellite Discussion' started by leec32, Jan 10, 2019 at 7:33 PM.

1. leec32

leec32 Registered

2. EGGMANCAN

EGGMANCAN Registered

There is an EPG setting which changes the event text to (i) if the event length is less than the defined length.
    So if the event is only 10 minutes long the event rectangle bar is going to be quite small meaning that the name of the event isn't going to fit into that small rectangle so it renames it to (i).

Let's say your EPG looks like this:
    _______________________________________________________________________________
    ________|______16:00 - 16:30______|______16:30 - 17:00_____|______17:00 - 17:30_____|
    BBC One |
    ______Rip Off Britain______|___Wanted Down Under___|_Homes_|___BBC News___|

The third event is only 10 minutes and the program name can't fit inside the rectangle. Instead of displaying half the name it just renames it to (i) like this:

_______________________________________________________________________________
    ________|______16:00 - 16:30______|______16:30 - 17:00_____|______17:00 - 17:30_____ |
    BBC One |
    ______Rip Off Britain______|___Wanted Down Under___|___(i)___|___BBC News___|

Last edited: Jan 12, 2019 at 7:28 PM
    Abu Baniaz likes this.
  3. leec32

leec32 Registered

thanks for that, makes sense
    do you know what setting it is, what i cant understand is why all of a sudden it has started doing it, it never before and i have the exact same set up in another room on another box and that one is fine, i have changed nothing to make this happen

4. Abu Baniaz

Abu Baniaz Registered

The "I" is displayed when not enough space to show the event. Press "I" to find out more. Or hover over it and look elsewhere. There is an option for "Info icon width" in Graphical EPG options. You can change that to "0" if you want.

CrossEPG only fetches data, it has nothing to do with displaying it.

EGGMANCAN and leec32 like this.
  5. leec32

leec32 Registered

changing to 0 didn't solve it although once i uninstalled the sqyq skin the default metrix skin worked fine so i re installed the skyq and all seems ok now

thanks for the help.

EGGMANCAN likes this.
  6. EGGMANCAN

EGGMANCAN Registered

and what is your "Info icon width" set to now after reinstalling the SlyQ skin?

7. EGGMANCAN

EGGMANCAN Registered

do you have anyone else that uses the receiver or has the plugin been automatically updated recently?