Crypto currencies

dangerous

TK Veteran
Anyone want to share any dealings of crpto currencies?
I don't know a thing about them but I'm interested to understand a bit more about crypto currencies ;-)

Dangerous what way did you go about buying? Ive dabbled a bit using coinbase buying bitcoin ethereum and litecoin but not sure if its the right way to go.. questions that i ahve are should i move what i bought to a hardware wallet etc...mind melt lol

Tomorrow bitcoin will become available on the futures market and could possibly shoot up a massive amount with people shorting it.. regret not getting in earlier

Last edited by a moderator:
Dangerous what way did you go about buying? Ive dabbled a bit using coinbase buying bitcoin ethereum and litecoin but not sure if its the right way to go.. questions that i ahve are should i move what i bought to a hardware wallet etc...mind melt lol

coinbase is nice and easy to buy the 3 major coins.

if you want to buy altcoins then use bitfinex.

buy ehtereum on coinbase ad trade it for your prefereed altcoin on bitfinex.

Tomorrow bitcoin will become available on the futures market and could possibly shoot up a massive amount with people shorting it.. regret not getting in earlier

hovering just under $20k at the minute.

my thoughts are that once it hits that mark it will drop back to $18k within a couple of days.

still plenty of legs in it yet but its inherent flaws make me wonder how high it will hold at if it ever gets near mainstream usage.

ethereum is quicker yet still the transaction times got bogged down when the kids started using cryptokitties.

omisego may be the new kid on the block this year, the blockchain tech behind it can perform more transactions per second than visa can.

I have started off with coinbase as well, just buying bitcoin.
Nice and easy to get started ;-)

hovering just under $20k at the minute.

my thoughts are that once it hits that mark it will drop back to $18k within a couple of days.

still plenty of legs in it yet but its inherent flaws make me wonder how high it will hold at if it ever gets near mainstream usage.

ethereum is quicker yet still the transaction times got bogged down when the kids started using cryptokitties.

omisego may be the new kid on the block this year, the blockchain tech behind it can perform more transactions per second than visa can.
Aye, omisego is on my list of one's to watch ;-)

What exchange is best for purchasing ?

I do wonder about these other crypto currencies, to me it's like someone has seen bitcoin and then created a copy and copies never do as well in my opinion.

I posted the other day on the bitcoin thread at http://www.techkings.org/threads/bitcoin.133573/page-3#post-829206 I only invested a small amount the other day, i left £17 in bitcoin wallet and invested about £45 into 3 year cloud mining mining, in the 3 or 4 days, since i started the £17 rose to above £20 and I've earned about £3 of bitcoin from the mining (yea I'm rich lol). It's like trading in any currency, it can fall just as quick as it can rise

I do wonder about these other crypto currencies, to me it's like someone has seen bitcoin and then created a copy and copies never do as well in my opinion.

I posted the other day on the bitcoin thread at http://www.techkings.org/threads/bitcoin.133573/page-3#post-829206 I only invested a small amount the other day, i left £17 in bitcoin wallet and invested about £45 into 3 year cloud mining mining, in the 3 or 4 days, since i started the £17 rose to above £20 and I've earned about £3 of bitcoin from the mining (yea I'm rich lol). It's like trading in any currency, it can fall just as quick as it can rise
Only time will tell ;-)

How did you go about the mining.. i assumed you needed an expensive rig + power supply. Think its called an s9(around 3k worth) then a fee to mine in a pool (another 3-4k) then a day to day fee (1.5k) then with your power etc accounted for over the year.. at the current rate and mining in bitcoins own pool. I think youd make about 2k profit all being well i.e the value stays up.

I have put £90 into bitcoin, £50 ethereum and £30 into litecoin.

170 total in
Less fees was prob about 159 in the acc to start
Over a week it sits at 195.. thats healthy enough if it can be maintained... let us pray lo l:(y):

170 total in
Over a week it sits at 195.. thats healthy enough if it can be maintained... let us pray lo l[emoji106]
Aye, coin base makes this very easy to get going.
I've got my eye on a few other cryptos which I'll need to purchase through a exchange.

Wise choice picking all 3 ;-)

Dont wanna put all my eggs in one basket so to speak.. if i can make a decent amount i think ill start moving it out into a hardware wallet.. cause if coinbase gets hacked well we'd be screwed

I bought some litecoins two weeks ago, on Coinbase, it has since nearly doubled. Decided I would buy some Bitcoins with the profit.
I thought I could just buy Bitcoins with the Litecoins
But, I had to 'sell' the Litecoin (9 euro fee) to my Euro wallet, then 'buy' Bitcoin with the Euros (another 9 euro fee).
That seem to be how their system works.....?!

Is there a way to avoid the fees ?? -- or was I doing it wrong ?

I bought some litecoins two weeks ago, on Coinbase, it has since nearly doubled. Decided I would buy some Bitcoins with the profit.
I thought I could just buy Bitcoins with the Litecoins
But, I had to 'sell' the Litecoin (9 euro fee) to my Euro wallet, then 'buy' Bitcoin with the Euros (another 9 euro fee).
That seem to be how their system works.....?!

Is there a way to avoid the fees ?? -- or was I doing it wrong ?
Still getting to grips with it myself, but I think coinbase is a starting point then maybe look a using a exchange where the fees will be smaller.

Coinbase seem to have expensive fees compared to other exchanges but there interface makes it easier for newbies
I'm currently trying to get a account at the exchange Lamb lamb has mentioned above but is not allowing new registrations at the moment.

I'm currently trying to get a account at the exchange Lamb lamb has mentioned above but is not allowing new registrations at the moment.
It appears the system is heavily loaded as everything seems be taking longer today. all the recent publicity has obviously increased demand

It appears the system is heavily loaded as everything seems be taking longer today. all the recent publicity has obviously increased demand
Aye, it seems everyone is mad on buying at the moment.
I've had a couple of transactions not go through as it's been very busy.

170 total in
Over a week it sits at 195.. thats healthy enough if it can be maintained... let us pray lo l:(y):

having had a little count up i reckon ive put around £1500 in since may this year.

i have coins in 3 different places and hold bitcoin, ethereum, ripple and iota.

balance in the 3 accounts is around £13k but to be fair most of that profit is from the sharp rise in bitcoin and ethereum.

now i need to get my head around margin trading, which might have to wait till i can do some holiday reading in a couple of weeks :grin:

Back