CS and IPTV

Decoder

Hi All Hope this is OK to discuss!! Am with BT with latest hub 6 and top download package, also have genuine BT full 4K TV box/sub. I also have Uno 4K downstairs and Solo 2 bedroom boxes - genuine VU's!!
Now my problem is that on the VU's the cs and IPTV keep freezing and dicking about to the extent that they are becoming unwatchable. Now can anybody tell me how could I detect/eliminate either BT's crap service (or are they able to detect my cs or IPTV usage and cause the problems) or could it be my cs/IPTV providers please?
Both VU's are running the latest iPab software and I've tried Oscam and CCcam on Uno 4K and Oscam, mgcam and CCcam on Solo 2 (for the cs only obviously!!)
Thanks for all replies/help

You didn't say whether you have fibre with bt, but in any case if you do some speedtests on it, and if it has a decent, rock solid speed (say 15mbps+), and ping in the teens, then you are unlikely to have broadband throughput problem with a couple of typical hd iptv streams, or polling to the sat line servers.

Regarding sat, if you run oscam, then you can see your lines' clearing or otherwise, and ecm time in realtime, logged and graphed. All you need to do, is to find the ip address of the box, to run openwebif on a pc or smartphone, and click the oscam webinterface button at the bottom left. That will open up the oscam panel, from which you can see your line performance, whether they are connected (status tab), clearing ok %ages (readers tab), and ecm times in realtime (live log tab). You can see lines switching/swapping for the line with the best signal if you have multiple lines, and you will see glitches on your tv if ecm time approach around 1500ms.

I believe if you have a solid broadband that is not overloaded, and a powerful box like you do, glitches associated with ecm peaks are practically certain due to line problem at the line provider's end.

Many iptv services rely on sat cs lines for many channels, and there has been widespread line issues for many sat line providers during the past few weeks.

Cheers!

I use a vu+duo2 and ultimo 4k and they run fine on IPTV but I have had a few sat issues the last week. Check ipab is fully updated as there have been a lot of updates recently.Also did you initialize your hard drive when you first installed ipab.Are there any family filters enabled that you need to turn off on your bt internet.Failing that as said above it is a provider issue.

There has been stories that the Prem league and some isp's are trying to block iptv, so a vpn may help, or it could just be a poor supply issue.

Back