Danger!!

Does anybody know what this is? I want to move my vm router into a different room, but I'll need to disconnect this first and I've no idea what it is! It's a few inches from the router.

vm cable.jpg

Not 100% sure but is the other end from the fingers an F connector? If so it might be a ferrite anti interference gubbins or may be anti lightning diode???? Truth is not sure now I replied :(

Does anybody know what this is? I want to move my vm router into a different room, but I'll need to disconnect this first and I've no idea what it is! It's a few inches from the router.

View attachment 20111
Before retiring from the forces where is was assigned to the bomb disposal unit we regularly made safe these kind of devices therefore as you said....DANGER!!!! LOL ;)

looks like some sort of co-axial surge protector. do you have lightning storms a lot where you live?

Not that I've noticed. We live on the coast so don't know if statistically we get more lightning than anywhere else. I've asked a couple of electrical engineers I work with and they've no idea either. Perhaps I should ask vm to move it for me before I cancel....

---------- Post Merged at 09:02 PM ----------

looks like some sort of co-axial surge protector. do you have lightning storms a lot where you live?

Or power surges ?

Again, not that I know of. The town used to suffer from more power cuts than are 'normal', but they've been few and far between in recent years.

Apparently it's an attenuator, or an anti interference gubbins as was previously suggested!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back