Data usage question

Does anyone know what background activities my Zgemma does on the network. Im on a metered internet connection as i live off grid and have no mains services and my precious data has been getting caned by something that i can't establish. I pulled the ethernet cable to the Zgemma a month ago to save myself running out if this was the data leak.
I have wondered that if i watch something using iptv and get bored and go back to say bbc1, does the thing I've been watching still stream in the background? Ive often felt it did.
Can anyone help here?

Cheers
CG

Does anyone know what background activities my Zgemma does on the network. Im on a metered internet connection as i live off grid and have no mains services and my precious data has been getting caned by something that i can't establish. I pulled the ethernet cable to the Zgemma a month ago to save myself running out if this was the data leak.
I have wondered that if i watch something using iptv and get bored and go back to say bbc1, does the thing I've been watching still stream in the background? Ive often felt it did.
Can anyone help here?

Cheers
CG

If you're monitoring your data through a router can you give an idea of how much you're using in a certain timeframe, it shouldn't be using much of anything just sitting there, iptv will eat it depending on your viewing/recording habits, I run a data only sim in a 4g router to run all the network through the house as we're out in the sticks and have no landline/bb , so I keep an eye on data useage we have a 100gb/month cap, maybe you need something similar ???

Thanks for replying.
What u describe is exactly what I have. 100gb, RUT 950 router and an external antenna.
It was more me asking if iptv actually stops using data when you change back to normal tv
Thanks anyway
CG

Do you know if you are using a cam? Or are you only using free to air satellite on the tv side. Also what image/ build are you using as a cam may be installed and running without your knowledge. The logging I mentioned in my last post means the cam is constantly trying to reach an ip address and eating data

Can anyone help here?

Cheers
CG

I know exactly what you mean but cannot give you a definitive answer, as I suspect it could also depend on your IPTV setup, Xstream, Vivid, etc.
Also I remember it being discussed here before ,( do a search) but as far as I remember that thread didn't reach a definitive conclusion either.

Read the post you mentioned a while ago and as you say every Iptv service seems to differ. Mine seems to draw no data when not watching but then again my box is not a zgemma so unsure if that makes a difference. Monitoring it did show data loss through a wrongly configured mgcam.cfg though

Ah very good, perhaps you might give a link to that thread for the OP please?

Surely a wrongly configured mgcam.cfg would only use minimal data, but maybe you have figures that say different, as you have monitored it.

I would like to give him a link, can I find it can I heck. I found it by accident the first time and didn't make a note of it. I reckon it is to do with his Iptv service but want to rule out every other avenue as well just to stop anything confusing the issue

Ok i had no idea, i paid for a subscription before it all got brought down. Then i rebuilt my machine and have no other channels than free to air in my epg. I can't remember how to get them back or if my ccam is still live

Channels still open on Sky 28.2

Alibi

Alibi ireland

Alibi +1

AMC from BT

Animal Planet

Animal Planet +1

At the races

B4U Movies

Boomerang

Boomerang +1

Boxnation

BT Sports 1

BT Sports 2

BT Sports 3

BT Sports extra 1 - 6

BT Sport/ ESPN

Cartoon Network

Channel 4 (ENCRYPTED)

Channel 4 +1 (ENCRYPTED)

CN +1

Comedy Central Ireland

Comedy Central +1

Comedy Central Extra Ireland

Comedy Central Extra +1

Dave

Dave ja vu

Discovery History

Discovery History +1

Discovery Science

Discovery Science +1

Discovery Turbo

Discovery

Discovery Shed

Discovery +1

DMAX

DMAX +1

E!

E! Ireland

E! +1

E4 (ENCRYPTED)

E4 +1 (ENCRYPTED)

EDEN

EDEN +1

EIR Sport 1

EIR Sport 2

EIR Sport 2 HD

Film 4 (ENCRYPTED)

GOLD

GOLD Ireland

GOLD +1

Good Food

Good Food +1

Home

Home +1

Home and Health

Home and Health +1

ID

ID Ireland

ID +1

Insight HD

ITV Encore

ITV Encore +1

ITV 2 HD

ITV 3 HD

ITV 4 HD

London Live

Made in BHAM

Made in Bristol

Made in Cardiff

Made in Liverpool

Made in Leeds

Made in TN&WR

More 4 (ENCRYPTED)

Motorsport TV

Movies 24

Movies 24 +

MTV

MTV +1

MTV Ireland

MTV BASE

MTV CLASSIC

MTV DANCE

MTV HITS

MTV MUSIC

MTV MUSIC IRELAND

MTV MUSIC +1

MTV ROCKS

MUTV HD

Nick JR Too

Nick JR Too Ireland

Nick JR Ireland

Nickelodeon Ireland

Nicktoons Ireland

Notts TV

Premier Sports HD

Premier Sports

Quest Red +1 (ENCRYPTED)

Quest +1 (ENCRYPTED)

Racing UK

RACING UK HD

Really

Really Ireland

Sony Channel

Sony Channel +1

Sony Max

Sony Mix

Sony Movies

Sony Movies +1

SONY SAB

SONY TV

STAR GOLD

STAR LIFE OK

STAR PLUS

STAR UTSAV

STV 2 Edinburgh (ENCRYPTED)

STV 2 (ENCRYPTED)

Syfy

Syfy +1

TCM +1

TLC

TLC Ireland

TLC +1

TLC +2

Universal

Universal Ireland

Universal +1

VH1

W

W Ireland

W +1

XRATED 40+

Yesterday

Yesterday +1

Zee Tv

Ok i had no idea about any of this.
I'd like everything back via satellite that is poss but it looks like the ones that matter have actually gone

If someone can explain how to make the image of my machine that will restore faithfully everything as it is id be prepared to mess with it. Ive tried before but it was not working when i gave it to a friend

Back