dead mutant 500c

eck123

hi folks any help on how to fix my mutant 500c I had it running well on openvix 3.2 and I upgraded to 4.0 all well and no problems I wanted to make a backup of my image and settings so thought I should reload bootloader which I did but when box rebooted all I get is the mutant splash screen and that's it cant get into menu and cant reflash box does not show on my network either am gutted I thought I had a good reliable box and all the images and bootloader came from openvix download site
eck

Why can't you reflash ? You don't need to get into the menu.

Put the image on USB, turn on by the rocker switch at the back, press standby button on the front of the box to start
flashing process.

Your box won't show on your network if it didn't boot and assign an IP address
to the box.

Have you tried downloading the latest image (not boot loader)for your box and flashing it by USB,
all images and flashing guides are on WOS.

Thanks for your reply but I have tried all the above and wont go past mutant splash screen ive tried all images apart from factory image which I cant fine usb is the only way to flash as no rs232 port on these boxes
I get all my vix images on wos

Ive tried atv but just the same the box does see the usb and goes through the motion of flashing and says update ( a bit quicker than normal )but stuck on boot with mutant splash ,I bought from Holland and there not interested in helping
I tried to download your back up dangerous but says file not there 404 error

Ive tried atv but just the same the box does see the usb and goes through the motion of flashing and says update ( a bit quicker than normal )but stuck on boot with mutant splash ,I bought from Holland and there not interested in helping
I tried to download your back up dangerous but says file not there 404 error

Sorry pal, i might of deleted it by mistake over the week end.
Ill see about getting a new link asap

eck123
I've done a back up of my Mutant 500C its in the cable downloads section. Could you confirm that the drop box is is working if you don't mind.

i would start again format usb stick kingston 8gb? first follow correct protocol in flashing bootloader and have box reboot/ unsure /,power off at rear format usb and send extracted file to usb,follow guides in reflashing and once done should work.

Back