siilver

TK Veteran
where is all the diyers these days
9 out of 10 threads you go into they are using someones build

i see the problem then as the creators problem, so i pass over it

it would be nice to see some problems that are not the same thing over and over

dont know when i last seen someone doing their own work on their box

i am i the only one

You are not alone doing it yourself is the only way to learn. I did use to use Willos builds for the Osmega but felt I needed to learn more so now do my own. It ain't no fun if you can't break it and then try and fix it, if you break it bigtime then you come on to the forums and explain what a dick you have been and ask for help. I found motorised dish install and set up the hardest thing to do

many put their own images together its just that so many people came to TK with the popularity of the zgemmas that backups became the easy way to get a box working for those with little or no understanding of what to do or how to do it, backups were available before the zgemma took off but not so many & they were dated...then came the creation of slyk1 & that made backups even more popular. Many posts had members pushing good reasons for building your own image but it seams easy wins over learning which is a shame because putting an image together gives you a much better insight into how things work & more importantly the knowledge of how to fix when something goes wrong...quick fix is king I guess but then its these same people who pop up post after post with problems they dont know how to overcome. Making your own image is the way to go imho but then most who know how to do this will say the same so im preaching to the converted lol

Last edited:
Thing is, there's even guides out there for the layman so you can make your own, it's just people can't be arsed. I learned most of what I know from faffing about and then cocking up and having to ask for help, but you don't learn unless you do cock up and need help. :grin:

I lost count how many times I bricked my box then brought it back to life while testing this & that...a certain skin when in development bricked so many testers boxes it became a daily event, sometimes several times a day....good job our boxes are robust little things ;)
Those were the days...learnt so much along the way!

i loved learning and breaking the software on the box
yea i didnt go as far as some out there
but i like to learn and found it fun

i remember get the at first and not having a glue, yea i wanted to get it up and running as fast as i could and im sure there is plenty out there that are the same, getting it working

but it is a great feeling when you set it up and you know where everything is
you thread of people looking for something that is in the menu and they wont even look it, as they have no clue

backup
break
reflash
repeat

I love my box its been endless and endless hours of frustrating but enjoyable fun.

I started out the hard way as there was no backup builds for my zgemma H1 on a cable set up at the time so decided to do it on my own with power of google i wasnt on here at the time didnt even know of tk at the time so its been a great learning curve from the endless bootloops crash logs and to even having to jtag zgemmas then once you have got pretty good and comfortable with it you decide that there is parts on the skin you wanna change edit lol next thing you know you have now learned with a lot of hours put in you have a modded a skin and the journey continues you move on to another part you wanna flaff with.

Now you find youself doing guides for people, creating your own picon sets and getting newer boxes just to create new images that you like

So for me the best thing you can do with these is if you wanna learn is to buy a box browse on here google etc tons and tons of guides now and create an image for your box that is to your own reference and just watch your journey continue it ends up an addictive type of hobby of sorts.

My poor little Wetek play aka wolverine spent almost as much time attached to an rs232 cable as it did to an hdmi, at least they included an rs232 in the box expecting people to mess with it. Indestructible that thing and I tried my hardest I tell ya. Anyone starting out should have a cheapish receiver that they don't care if they kill it or not

I started out with Sucmnsee's build for the H2S and and I was very grateful for it!
When you haven't got a clue about Enigma2 it's nice to be able to put a build on and at least prove that your box works!
It's a shame that not many people seem to bother experimenting with their own build once they're a bit more confident though.
There are 8 different images on the download page for the H2S and I've tried them all.
Only ATV and ViX seem to get a mention though. ItalySAT is a great image and HDfreaks also very good and OpenSPA if you like a more Kodi like interface.
Hopefully now that CS seems to have died the death more people will start experimenting and breathe a bit more life into the hobby.

I make my own build now, learnt so much while beta testing wooshbuild that I felt it was about time I stopped being lazy and actually made my own. Wooshman has also helped me loads and I'm sure at one point he must of been dreading all the messages I sent him. Keep meaning to look at different images when I find the time but that's not so easy with 2 kids and the wife hehe.

When the tuner b problem came started for the h2s I tried all of the images on the zgemma site, to see if it was box or atv
Was atv and was fixed a few days later

Some of them are nice, but atv I now know and it works well for me

Would love to put the time into another one

Back