Device that can record and can pause?

Hello there,

I have been using a Skybox for the last 6 months very successfully and have been very happy with the service. However, the one function I would love to have is the ability to pause live TV and to also record programmes and play back, like on an actual Sky Box.

Are there devices on the market that one can purchase which would enable me to be able to achieve any of these functions? I would need it to be relatively user friendly, if that is possible.

I am aware their is a pause function on my Skybox f5. However, when I press, it pauses the video, but the sound continues to play. Also when I click play again, everything has frozen and I need to restart the device.

Any help you could provide on this or a new device which might be easier to use, would be greatly appreciated.

Many thanks,
Jamie

Hello there,

I have been using a Skybox for the last 6 months very successfully and have been very happy with the service. However, the one function I would love to have is the ability to pause live TV and to also record programmes and play back, like on an actual Sky Box.

Are there devices on the market that one can purchase which would enable me to be able to achieve any of these functions? I would need it to be relatively user friendly, if that is possible.

I am aware their is a pause function on my Skybox f5. However, when I press, it pauses the video, but the sound continues to play. Also when I click play again, everything has frozen and I need to restart the device.

Any help you could provide on this or a new device which might be easier to use, would be greatly appreciated.

Many thanks,
Jamie

morning jamie your box will pause as you said but you need to go into your settings to pvr setting and make sure the timeshift is switched on and also ps record this should sort your problem out i run a an openbox v8s and it runs great with pause and recording function also hope this helps

or look at vu solo2 a real satbox or the new Golden Interstar XPEED LX2 HD Enigma 2 Linux PVR (2x DVB-S/S2) Twin Tuner Satellite Receiver now at £109

wos home of vix
HTML:
http://www.world-of-satellite.co.uk/Digital-Satellite-Receivers/golden-interstar-receivers/Golden-Interstar-Xpeed-LX2-2x-DVB-S-S2-Twin-Satellite-Tuner-Enigma-2-Linux-HD
no use of external hdd with this.

Back