Didnt get past the first post!!

Retep01

Well new box here, connected up and started with the wooshbuild basebuild, already put on a FAT32 formatted USB 2.0 and put into front slot, and then switched on. It does not come up with FLSH, but says BOOT, then, ascending numbers up to 1860, then goes to the time. The only thing that comes on the screen is Open atv screen, rather than the Basebuild Logo
What have i done wrong, I have followed the instructions closely.
Any help would be appreciated.

Its the one downloaded from here. There is the CCcam.cfg and newcamd.list under zgemma folder and down from there is a folder h3 with 5 files in:- force, image version, kernel.bin, rootsfs.bin, splash.bin.

When you look on the USB you should see a zgemma file/h3 file inside/5 files in there only and nothing else.
Delete the cccam/newcamd files at this point.
Suggest a reformat of usb and download again.
Put in front usb port and turn on rear power button to start box and hold in until boot then flash appears.
If it doesn't then you need to try a different usb.

Last edited:
Sounds correct. Do u have any other usb stics u can try. As can be tempremental on brands of stick used.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

i have tried 2 different sticks, both formatted to FAT 32. Are theCCam.cfg and newcamd.list causing a problem, i put these on so that when i get a line i can use the same stick to upload. C

These boxes can be temperamental as to what they see.
When initial flashing it's best to only have the required files.
Some boxes need a longer button press on the power button than others as well.

removed the 2 files for CCcam and newcamd and retried, with short presses and long presses, all with the same result

sounds like another case of USB not being read by the box, is this another example where the usb is not in a correct state for the box to read it?
try hddguru low level format then full fat32 format with windows....then load the zgemma folder & flash the box

Last edited:
Its working now, that format worked, and when i copied the files over altho you couldnt see the CCcam, or the newcan files.
The box has now started to flash, so going thro the process. Thanks very much

---------- Post Merged at 10:36 PM ----------

All done brill

the hddguru was definitely useful, because after that, the FAT32 format of the stick took much longer, and was obviously cleaned better, as it worked straight away.

Back