Difference between 1080p and 1080i?

Ash7612

Hi guys. So I just bought an oled TV and the quality is very nice but I notice on some HD channels the quality varies slightly--some are better than others. I've set it up as 1080p and 50hz but what is the difference between 1080i and 1080p?

I've got a virmin line as I heard sky used to broadcast in 1080i but is it the same with virgin? Thanks for any help.

Not really, If you want detailed answers to a problem with your box, we will always help you out. but if I had that question, I would always try to find the info before asking a question that I can easily find the answer for by using Google, you wont find those answers for specific box problems.

You might as well put that to every question asked in this forum. Superb help(!)
No cause some people do actually search first then post questions or use search function if they can't find the answer and the comment I wrote was to wheelo with the way how he posted.the link video

Also baz you need to stop copying peeps post and taking the credit for it

If you copy peeps posts it’s best to name the original poster
@dave100 The only post I copied of yours is the channel lists for remaining sky channels mate I may not have mentioned you I just put here you go I don't need to take credit for other people I aint that kind of person if I have offended you that wasn't my intention at all I don't want credit for other people's work

Last edited by a moderator:
No cause some people do actually search first then post questions or use search function if they can't find the answer and the comment I wrote was to wheelo with the way how he posted.the link video

I actually did look online and here but there was only mention on a sky line and not virgin. Also the posts I found were 2 years old which is why I wanted to know if anything had changed in terms of resolution.

I actually did look online and here but there was only mention on a sky line and not virgin. Also the posts I found were 2 years old which is why I wanted to know if anything had changed in terms of resolution.
No problem pal

Back