difference between cccam mgcamd?

Hi,

I'm a newbie and just trying to get my head around everything. I think i'll be buying the vu+ duo 2 or the solo 2 box. Can someone please tell me the difference between cccam, mgcamd and i believe theres one other.. sorry can't recall, or point me in the right direction where this info can be retrieved.

Thanks in advance.

DK

cccam nline mgcamd mate

---------- Post Merged at 07:50 PM ----------

[h=1]Mgcamd vs CCcam[/h] A comparison: Mgcamd vs CCcam; why do we prefer Mgcamd?

• Mgcamd allows the user and the card added with no reboot/restart/interruption, with CCcam, after each adding, this could be either a user or a card, the system should be restarted

• Mgcamd server does not stop without the human intrusion, meaning the interfearance of the server admin. Where as, the biggest problem of the CCCam server is the great likelyhood to stop randomly at any unpredictable time due to the massive amount of requests from the cards. Even commands scripted for the automatic reset in case the server stops, could not prevent the time loss described above.
  • Zap time in Mgcamd is faster than CCcam
  • And many more, we recommend you Give chance Mgcamd emu, because is better than CCcam, more stable and without glitches and freeze.
  • Mgcamd based on Clustered Cache, it's use the cache buffer. It means that when a channel is opened, the MGCamd server saves the channel key and when another user or users open the same channel/channels, MGCamd receives and uses that key data from buffer. This makes the server much faster because of the fact that it does not have to check the card twice for the key data again, so it allows a faster channel zapping and a much better tv experience.

a server running mgcamd and nlines has to know his stuff not like the money grabbers using clines,have both and mgcamd is much better.

c line is from a CCcam server
n line is from a Newcamd server

Newcamd takes advantage of cached ecm's too enable faster channel zapping and requesting less fresh ecms
CCcam is an older cam, still very good but can sometimes cause the occasional freezing with N lines

if a receiver supports MGcamd this is always the best option for an n line because it takes advantage of the cache benefits for a smoother better performance

cs101;)

While any amateur server builder can establish a CCCam server, a professional knowledge is required for a MGCamd system to be structured.

to be honest you can add something else there, the twats who use boxes like vu`s to share via cccam and call them selfs great servers, not like pc servers who have card readers and knowledge

i use n-lines always had a rock steady preformance. with a vu solo. sometimes if you use a basic box you will still get the odd glitch no matter how good the server is. think of it like a pc if the hardware is basic the software will not run to its ful potentail. i agree with satman some providers serve off vu boxes and a few others. this is ok for a few mates however, if a supplier is doing this you will have problems.

It's all theory !!! lol If you have a good line you won't see any noticeable difference in performance
running an N line in Newcand or running it in MG Cam.

C lines seem to be used by smaller servers in general, I have never used one but my friend uses a "private server" with limited sharing
and says his server is very similar to mine in terms of performance.His server supply C lines.

Trick is get a good server and you don't need to worry.

You could have a read here

Last edited:
Interesting stuff here,

So reading above the small suppliers use there box's to share on there cards etc.. but the big boys in this business surely they dont use computers connected at home? would't that be too slow of a internet connection sharing to 500 + people? i thought they would be proper servers (dedicated servers) rented form data center's etc like web hosts.

I have been adding (test) N-lines and C-Lines via usb and via CCAMD on my F5s.
Haven't even checked to see if I have the mgcamd option on the network setup page.
if I do, is the principle the same - have cccam on the usb, click on manage mgcamd, read from USB stick and Robert is my uncle?

if you use a usb to install it it will do it automacticly

---------- Post Merged at 03:16 PM ----------

Interesting stuff here,

So reading above the small suppliers use there box's to share on there cards etc.. but the big boys in this business surely they dont use computers connected at home? would't that be too slow of a internet connection sharing to 500 + people? i thought they would be proper servers (dedicated servers) rented form data center's etc like web hosts.
what most them use is a ddns server so thats what keeps things running smoothly.

if you use a usb to install it it will do it automacticly

---------- Post Merged at 03:16 PM ----------

Interesting stuff here,

what most them use is a ddns server so thats what keeps things running smoothly.

How can a server connected to the net in your home provide loads of customers though? surely it would suffer as the upload isn't much...compared toa web server

I have been adding (test) N-lines and C-Lines via usb and via CCAMD on my F5s.
Haven't even checked to see if I have the mgcamd option on the network setup page.
if I do, is the principle the same - have cccam on the usb, click on manage mgcamd, read from USB stick and Robert is my uncle?

Don't think you can put a C line in MG Cam, just N lines.

Have a read here

Thanks yep - it was the N-Line I meant as I think that is the service I will be going with

so does your notepad method work?
I am so new to think I will get very flustered if it screws up!

Thanks yep - it was the N-Line I meant as I think that is the service I will be going with

so does your notepad method work?
I am so new to think I will get very flustered if it screws up!

If you have been using the USB method, chances are you have been using a notepad method already

Back