Difference between cheaper and more expensive boxes

Sunil237

Hi guys,

I've convinced my brother to get a receiver, he wants one which is more expensive, but I just want to know what difference the price usually makes

So I have an edision os mini. Its really responsive, but I think the negatives would be a cheap remote and external HDD.
Other than a more expensive box looking nicer and having an internal HDD.. Is there any other difference?

If I want to record and watch two different channels. Do I need two lines? I think I would.. Just want to make sure

He just wants a smooth experience, with little as possible issues.

Cheers

Last edited:
All enigma 2 boxes are pretty much the same. Only different they tend to have better support, which is key; also better build quality and speed. If you feel Edison receiver is good enough and dont have the need to add bloat-ware plugins other than essential such as autobouquets, then buy same receiver for your mate. Zgemma is another brand you may want to consider. Support for them is great as you can see on this forum.

As for tuners, each tuner effectively is another box. You wont need 2 lines, however additional connections added to subscription line. Most charge extra for additional tuners.

I think an internal hard drive is way more convenient personally, having had cheaper boxes I moved onto a duo 2 and have not looked back. If your brother has the spare cash and wants something a bit more aesthetically pleasing then I say go for it

Back