Dish won't stay tuned

Hi I've a technomate 5420 with motorised dish.will tune in to all sat positions by either moving the dish manualy but when I save all satellites like tune in 1.0 west then 28.2e by hand,if I use remote to move dish from 28.2e to 1.0 west stops well past it?i can't seem to use it to automactily move anymore? I have to go up ladder mover motor by hand go in house then tune in to that position! Please help is my motor faulty as not saving positions

Set your box up to use USALS----ensure you set correct latitude and longitude of your location [save] Set box on 28.2e as start position then pick the sats you need--edit each for USALS and scan in.
Reaper.

I am afraid USALS (Universal Satellite Automatic Location System) does not work like that your dish needs to be exactly aligned for USALS to locate each satellite automatically as it gets the correct data from your longitude and Latitude co-ordinates.

If your dish is slightly out and you use the USALS sytem as it travels further round the ARC for the more harder to receive satellites such as 26 east and 7.3 west you will barely have a signal.

What you need to do is switch from using USALS in the menu and switch to Diseqc 1.2 this will allow you to save each satellite with a corresponding number, So basically you would go to a known working channel on say 0.8 west and then fine tune with diseqc 1.2 and then save that as a number say position 01 then move the dish to a working channel on 3.1 east fine tune again and save with another number say position 02.

Do this for all the satellites you want to receive or call out a professional who can re-align the dish and get you back working with the USALS system

Mr FreeUK----Technomates have been designed to use USALS--setting up is simple logic---I've been in satellites for 30+ years, building systems, setting up systems etc etc. I use USALS on all my multisat boxes and the simplest procedure of setting always works, anywhere in the world. I install and set up many different systems for clients with a reputation second to none---diseqc is outdated as a mode but obviously still used on basic systems or if a novice but a good professional quality installer can set up on USALS in minutes if box allows and a normal sat enthusiastic player can set up his box without a so called professional installer just by following the very basic instructions found on his instructions sheet, internet search and from guides here on the forum [one of which I wrote]
But, I believe each to their own, so if you want to use diseqc or USALS then it's totally your choice, your system and your decision.
Have fun.
Reaper.

Hi Mr Reaper,

Not trying to step on any ones toes here or anything but i am from a similar background have been into the Sat game since 1985 myself, i was just going of your OP and this quote
Set box on 28.2e as start position then pick the sats you need--edit each for USALS and scan in
as you well know you dont need to set each sat in as you say as USALS is automatic you set the dish up on any satellite you so wish and the system tracks all the others automatically.

Technomate's originally used only Diseqc 1.2 from the first model the 1000 it was not till years later that they introduced USALS into there receivers and now every receiver has some form of USALS system built in, I only suggested to use 1.2 to the OP due to the fact that it sounds like his dish has become mis-aligned and instead of getting someone out use Diseqc 1.2 as an interim measure.

all the best

Glad to know you Mr F----I agree USALS are auto but you still have to nominate sats required or the motor will happily track across the sky until box is full and comes to a halt with a "you have no more space" type message. My dream 7025 stores about 5000channels on USALS then tells me it's reached the memory limit, the openboxes are more fun as they just stop and you have to assume the limit is about 3000 if lucky and my old techno wheezes to just over 4000 but sometimes just by passes a satellite so I always nominate required sats within the arc by editing or deletion of non-required. Always seems to work for melol
Nice knowing another professional on site.
Regards.
Reaper.

blimey 3 old farts lol i have/had a tm 1000d setup on usals on multisat years ago .

still have 2 of those boxes.

The TM5402 has a 10,000 channel limit capacity and a store for up to 99 satellites in its memory on USALS this is Unlimited due to the fact that USALS locates the satellites by itself by just entering your longitude and latitude. You are only confined by how many satellites it can receive by the channel limit memory.

to the OP if you go into the TMonline in the menu section of the entertainment TAB you can download a pre-made list from the likes of willliam-1 and xxxxxxsathobby direct to the box itself, so download a Multi-sat channel list and then enter your co-ordinates if the dish is still having problems tracking the ARC then switch to Diseqc 1.2 and store each satellite as you go along just the ones you need

Good Luck

Back