Do c lines still work with virgin on zgemma?

foxer7

i have virgin coming into my house for broadband and a zgemma hs which had slay and is a paperweight at the moment anyone know if I can do something with it any help would be great

Yes but you'll need a box with a cable (DVB-C) tuner - the ZGEMMA H2.S / Star 2-S boxes and all those described as being DVB-S2 are satellite only boxes.

i have virgin coming into my house for broadband and a zgemma hs which had slay and is a paperweight at the moment anyone know if I can do something with it any help would be great

not with the hs as it's for satellite only, you can get a h2h which will handle cable input, and yes, once you've got a box with a cable tuner, c'lines etc work perfectly well

You could go down the IPTV route with your existing box, however
I would tend to favour the starview fix for your Zgemma

Then buy yourself a decent cable box

Something like this

Miraclebox Premium Micro HD Linux Enigma 2 Hybrid 1x DVB-C/T/T2 Cable/Terrestrial HD 1080p PVR Digital Receiver

If cable goes tits up, not saying it will, you can always use it for IPTV.

Yes, something like a Gigablue or Xtrend will allow you to mix and match,

However I cant really see the point of a sat tuner now if you have a cable feed.

You may be better off getting a twin cable box and loading the XC plugin that way
you can record two cable channels and still watch IPTV content or VOD, if you are into recording stuff.

Back