Do not turn off?

mrtweaks

Hi

I have my zgemma up and running and it states not to turn it of with the button on the back or at the mains? What happens if there is a power cut? Sorry if this seems a stupid question but we do seem to have a few cuts here?

Thanks in advance.

It's basically like a computer and needs to be shut down properly the odd occasion should be ok

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

It is more than likely just to allow the updates to happen for EPG and ABM in the early hours to keep your box up to date to stop your supplier getting questions about channels not working and EPG being blank.
If a power cut then it should just boot back up, might require a manual EPG update and worst case if off for days then an ABM scan, I don't think its anything to worry about, just your supplier keeping his support calls low.

This is like one of them buttons that state do not press. Do it. ha. This is just general advice for any computer/electrical equipment. Obviously if you shut down properly it goes through it motions of a shutdown.
Unless you are really really unlucky, you are not going to break anything by pressing the on/off button...and sometimes your box will totally freeze and you have no option but to hard reset it.
As gmang states, worse case is you might have to manually refresh some things on a restart. Your settings, skins, plugins, bouquets etc will all be totally fine.

My dad turns his off at the wall every night and it boots up without problem the next morning when he turns it back on, only thing I had to do was set the ABE2 & CrossEPG to update for around midday when the power is usually back on.

Last edited:
Back