Does size of sat dish matter?

Stoneage

Evenin all
I am running my bm 7000s from a bog standard mini sky dish, would i get any extra channels or better quality from installing a 90cm dish ( not motorised ) i am currently on 28.2 any advice would be appreciated.

you should be ok with that as long as dish is not too old or degraded and aligned properly,you would need a bigger dish if going motorised.

Thanks cactikid, Dish has been up a number of years now I think its about time for an update also the LNB looking old and battered as well, I just wanted to know if it was worth investing in a bigger dish.

if your updating have a think about a motorised and bigger dish as there is more out there,pity just doing a fixed replacement,but also think of a bigger lnb like a quad or octo[ think ahead and have cables run all at once. ]

Cheers cactikid will certainly look into it, i'll have to make the wife work a bit harder installing it all:whistling:

If you are getting problems with any channels then the dish may need re-aligned or the cable replaced if it's more than 5 years old. Other than that you should pick up all the frequencies that a $ly box would.

If you are getting problems with any channels then the dish may need re-aligned or the cable replaced if it's more than 5 years old. Other than that you should pick up all the frequencies that a $ly box would.

Cheers Fekker
After the advice from yourself and cactikid have decided to upgrade dish, LNB and cable it all looks a bit weatherworn.

if your updating have a think about a motorised and bigger dish as there is more out there,pity just doing a fixed replacement,but also think of a bigger lnb like a quad or octo[ think ahead and have cables run all at once. ]
whats a good price for having a motorised 1.2mtr dish supplied quad lnb and fitted? i have been quoted £250 all in and are there many problems with them going out of allignment after a while?

Back