Doing a manual scan has improved things massively - but why?

Buzzcut

Hi all,

I've had this ZGemma H2H box for around 6 months, set it up myself with WB7, AMB using all the Virmin source options. 2 lines through OScam.

Now it's always been a bit dodgy, changing channels has taken around 4 seconds, a lot of the channels didn't clear and if they did then they'd glitch every other minute (except for movies). I read one of the threads on here about how to get back ITV2HD/ITV3HD/ITV4HD (they've never cleared and no EPG) and it said to do a Manual scan instead of letting ABM pull the channels. I did this and now not only have I got these 3 channels back (still no epg for them though), but the channel zapping is down to 1/2 second, a lot more channels clear and there's practically no glitching (still don't get channels like Kerrang or the pr0n, they clear for about 10 seconds out of 5 mins).

I've turned off the ABM auto-scanning as I realised this was breaking things again overnight but does anyone know what the manual scan does? It's almost like ABM is pulling secondary/weaker channels when it does the scan.

I'm just frustrated with the fact I've lived with this for 6 months as it was fixed in 10 mins!

Cheers...Buzz

have you updated autobouquets maker to version 3? it was recently updated and fixed a number of issues

Back