Domain Name

j4v3d

VIP Member
Hi

I want to buy a domain name .co.uk one - i know where to look for that - but i need to come up with a URL and i cant think of any lol

thinking was never my strongest point LOL

the URL should reflect myself and web developing.

Any ideas?

Thanks

What is your site going to contain exactly? is it a test site for everything your learning about at college or is it based on a specific subject?.

Are you wanting it to go live, be popular or is it as said just for practice.

You say web developing..... can you narrow it down a little so people can give decent suggestions otherwise I will join in with gman and we may have to move this to the comedy section :woohoo:

BTW who will you be going to for your domain?.

What is your site going to contain exactly? is it a test site for everything your learning about at college or is it based on a specific subject?.

Are you wanting it to go live, be popular or is it as said just for practice.

You say web developing..... can you narrow it down a little so people can give decent suggestions otherwise I will join in with gman and we may have to move this to the comedy section :woohoo:

BTW who will you be going to for your domain?.

Im going with 123reg HT - its my own portfolio showing my Web Developmet skills and the websites i have made - its just something to put on the CV and put something out there for people to view.

College? those days have long gone lol - i work as a web developer now.

The site will contain like the websites i have made - a blog, my CV on there. thats about it really - nothing fancy at the moment.

123.reg - good.

If it is to show your CV, surely you would call it your first name separated with -

#I have put 0 instead of o to cancel out the auto link parse.

e.g

WWW.MYFIRSTNAME-SECONDNAME-CV.C0.UK

see here.

i was thinking of mjdesignz.co.uk but then again designz would like be associated to graphics - need it to reflect web development

Code:
www.mjtech.co.uk
www.mjdevelopment.co.uk
www.web-mj.co.uk

some domains that quickly come in to my head.

You should give us a look at what you've already done jv?

i cant at the moment because i can only access it locally when im at work - need to upload it to the test server. Will do that on Monday or provide you with screenshots of the website.

Code:
mjstock.co.uk

mjwork.co.uk

mjinprogress.co.uk

mj-designs.co.uk

web-by-mj.co.uk

mj-progressing.co.uk

Now we got some examples and understand what it's about maybe a few members could throw up some idea's.

i quite like
Code:
www.web-mj.co.uk

Code:
www.webdev-mj.co.uk

Code:
[SIZE=2][B]www.javatech.co.uk

www.mjsolutionz.co.uk

www.webjaved.co.uk

www.mjcoder.co.uk[/B][/SIZE]
sounds bit geeky lol

gosh i never knew it would be this hard to choose a domain name - IM HOPELESS! lmao

Last edited:
Code:
mjstock.co.uk

mjwork.co.uk

mjinprogress.co.uk

mj-designs.co.uk

web-by-mj.co.uk

mj-progressing.co.uk

Now we got some examples and understand what it's about maybe a few members could throw up some idea's.

would much appreciate it :)

bought my domain name today -
Code:
www.mjcoder.co.uk
not bad eh - ties in completely with programming :)

Back