Downgraded to BB only now TV off?

So I downgraded my package from TV, phone and BB to just bb. However now the TV has gone off. Line is good. I still have broadband which is working fine. It's a full virmin set up with official cables and splitters. It goes from brown box outside to white box inside. Then cable to a splitter which then went 1 to router and 1 to box. I don't understand why BB is working but signal to TV isn't? Have they deactivated something causing it? And if so how is it possible when BB is working which comes from same splitter?

TIA

Sent from my Lenovo TAB 2 A8-50F using Tapatalk

So I downgraded my package from TV, phone and BB to just bb. However now the TV has gone off. Line is good. I still have broadband which is working fine. It's a full virmin set up with official cables and splitters. It goes from brown box outside to white box inside. Then cable to a splitter which then went 1 to router and 1 to box. I don't understand why BB is working but signal to TV isn't? Have they deactivated something causing it? And if so how is it possible when BB is working which comes from same splitter?

TIA

BB requires a lower incoming signal level to work than tv does. So in some cases BB will work fine but tv may not. i think virmin has probably adjusted your signal level. Use of a signal booster could solve this. Have you checked the signal levels on your box? If it's low then that would confirm my theory and would recommend the use of a signal booster.

Signal on every channel is 100

It's always SNR 100%, AGC 100% BER 1

Can I ask what box you're using? may also be a software issue, where the signal has dropped beyond a certain level and the box doesn't adjust for some reason. Have you rebooted the box?

It's a Technomate nano se m2 plus. I did a full new install when I first happened and installed only what I needed to.

It's a Technomate nano se m2 plus. I did a full new install when I first happened and installed only what I needed to.

What image is it running? If its running vix or openatv then try using ABM after scanning for channels. Reboot the box first though. If the problem is still there after a reboot then you may need to reflash the box. Check the signal levels again after re booting your box.

It's on openvix 5.0.14 what do you mean refresh the box?

Am i right in thinking you were using this box fine on your virmin feed before cancelling the tv sub? If not and it's a new install check you have the tuner configured properly as well.

This does seem strange. If it was working fine before cancelling his subs then the box should still be working fine as nothing has changed with the box apart for VM making a change from there end.
Do you have a different splitter you can change to?
Try a network test on your box as well to make sure that is talking to your router.

Yes it's all correct. I had written down when I originally set it up my settings and they are all the same now.

It is strange. I can get the 5 free channels. My network is fine as well. I'm at a loose end now.

Even though the box is showing 100% snr, I think the box may be giving you a false reading. If it still shows the same signal level after a reboot. (pull the plug out and leave it a couple of minutes before plugging back in and turning on), then It could well be a signal issue and use of a signal booster may help. To make absolutely sure. I would re-flash the box with the most recent version of vix.

Ok I'm just about to go out so I'll unplug it. Then I'll update it and see how it goes. Need my F1 fix this weekend :)

Ok I'm just about to go out so I'll unplug it. Then I'll update it and see how it goes. Need my F1 fix this weekend :)

Sent from my Lenovo TAB 2 A8-50F using Tapatalk[/QUOT
Don't forget to save your line details or write it down, so you can re-enter it after the re-flash, should you need to do so.

Would have to agree with marconi, it defo sound like a signal issue. I Would disconnet all cables from box and also switch your router off for a few mins then plug everything back in and power up.

TIA

When you say line is good, you know this by? Read over all the posts and its possible that its your line, have you restarted the cams. If you have bband then the splitter is working, you also have fta showing so you have a signal. All the signs are good so try a test line

So I unplugged it for around 4hrs. Reset router and flashed with current openvix. Still nothing. Regarding line it was working fine. I emailed supplier who said no issues with server. He sent another line to test and that hasn't worked so I'm guessing it's something else. Can anyone test my line? Or send me a test? Thanks

Back