Windows 10 Downloaded Disc Image Problems

Hi all,
I'm trying to download these disc image files for my raspberrypi but once downloaded they corrupt or turn to .gz files I'm guessing it's my computers fault??

How or what can I use to turn this back to a disc image or what can I use to stop the file corrupting all the time ??

Thanks guys

Hi all,
I'm trying to download these disc image files for my raspberrypi but once downloaded they corrupt or turn to .gz files I'm guessing it's my computers fault??

How or what can I use to turn this back to a disc image or what can I use to stop the file corrupting all the time ??

Thanks guys

A .gz file is a compressed file just like a zip or a rar. Once uncompressed you should be given an .iso or an .img file. What are you trying to download?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Arrrgh what a complete tit I feel lol I didn't realise it was a compressed file to be honest mate, the only compressed files ive dealt with are zip files and open on win zip straight away.

I've just read online 7zip is probably the best thing to use to uncompress it would you say so too?? And it's a cctv operating system for the raspberry pi but I'm new to that set up too!!

Thanks bud
Josh

7zip covers most compressed archives and I believe it's an opensource freebie!

Something I've tried in the past with archives/iso image files is to rename the file extension to what you expect it to be, then try to extract or open with associated software - although not guaranteed to work.

Arrrgh what a complete tit I feel lol I didn't realise it was a compressed file to be honest mate, the only compressed files ive dealt with are zip files and open on win zip straight away.

I've just read online 7zip is probably the best thing to use to uncompress it would you say so too?? And it's a cctv operating system for the raspberry pi but I'm new to that set up too!!

Thanks bud
Josh

It's fine. Unless you had a program associated with the file you probably would have had no idea.

Have you got it all sorted?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back