Downtime

Weetartan

Having some downtime issues with iptv provider I have contacted them and they have said that premier league are blocking more which I do believe but it is happening with all channels. They have suggested a vpn. Is anyone else having the same issue with their provider?

some servers are under a court order that shuts them down on days when the premier league is being broadcast. this will block access to the entire server, so all channels. [the court order can only be applied on matchdays]

this has affected a lot of the big providers. one issue is when people grab testlines on match days [esp via m3u which exposes the server] and then dump the streams [and the server addy] all over the internet.

some providers have moved servers to solve this, but that can cost 1000's to grab new sources.

here is a facebook post by one provider who was seen as being near the top of the tree for reliability and range of service last year, but who now has people leaving en masse:

To stop the constant posts/comments i will update with whats going on and answer the questions ive been seeing very truthfully for you all as im no bullshitter in this game trust me.

Issues we first experienced was due to the EPL blocking. It happened nationwide. Affected 90% of 'known' providers. i.e well known due to the large customer base, people talking about it online.. blah blah.
So small time providers were not affected and it actually took them several weeks to catch up to us when we were seeing others fall around us.

We then got notified by our server company that they had received complaints due to copyright etc. and turned out one of our resellers customers had posted a line online for EVERYONE to see the dns and anybody could have reported it.

So we change a few things around with the dns etc to eliminate the threat.

User/Pass of resellers had been created using the same credentials. This on top of several customers posting their 24hour trials online for ANYBODY AND EVERYBODY to abuse caused HUGE traffic spikes which our servers arent built for. (user/pass were being easily guessed)
Our servers were more than capable of dealing with the amount of online users we have trust me on our system. But external users abusing lines we cannot account for.

The above leads too servers being shut down. In a instant. No refunds our end and left with no servers.
So what can we do? We went out and rebuilt new servers.
New I.P addresses. We go again...
(this is thousands and thousands £ worth of hardware by the way we just had to fork out only days into monthly rental)

DAYS LATER - BANG!! BEEN REPORTED AGAIN!!!!

Re-build again...

Not only is our servers IPs being reported and blocked. Our sources (which we source channels from) are also being blocked which is obv out of our hands and only try resourcing which is again more time, and more funds req.

Again being reported, from a customer/reseller/competition/could be literally anyone spoiling it for the rest of us...

We are not out to do a runner, we are not here to rip anybody off. We literally do not have the funds to rebuild our system back up to the standards it was running at, in such a short space of time, having to spend such a large amount within the frame of 3 weeks!

See it this way....

Soon as issues start, unhappy customers start showing their anger and disappointment all over our pages... [it is understandable - you have paid for a service i understand that im human too guys]
but... potential customers who are looking to purchase a sub etc. sees these comments and decide not to purchase. Because maybe we had a bad day due to numerous of reasons... but then no potential customers are buying...

meaning no income into the service... where do we go from there... how are meant to fund the server rental, staff wages, source costs etc without anything coming in?..
as you can see its a precarious game.

in short get a vpn, it will make you life easier

Thanks for the reply.not sure about making my life easier I know nothing about vpn. Google is going to be my friend here. Now regards to the vpn do I go for puttng it on the router or the zgemma box. I would prefer just the zgemma box

There are providers out there that work perfectly. I went through this whole argument about getting a VPN and people kept telling me it wasn't needed and all the rest, which I just didn't believe. I started looking into setting up a VPN and I just couldn't be bothered with all the hassle of it all, so I started again getting tests for IPTV and finally, after loads of tests I found one that works......no VPN, no advertising, no Facebook support groups, no websites......just a private server that is hidden away with no details about it anywhere on the internet and this was found using the request thread on here. Trust me, there are genuine sellers out there with top notch services, you just have to keep on with it, wading through all the sh!t to get there. All these big players who advertise and publicly post about what they are causing their own downfall.

Please don't ask for me supplier details, any requests for this will just be ignored, as this is what causes the problems, too much exposure.

Yes, a VPN will help, but if you don't want the hassle of doing this, just keeping putting the work in and you will find a decent service.

Had no issues with blocking- until this weekend. Now no iptv at all while premier league games are on.

So, how do I go about setting up a vpn on a sky router? Or do I need to buy a TP link router and do it on that? Or how do I connect a smart TV and mag box 254 to a vpn?

Back