Draytek and VM set up help

Whitwori

Failing miserably on settling up my vm super hub 3 with Draytek vigor 2830 n

Put sh3 in modem mode, works fine hooked up to laptop

When putting on Draytek and adding a lead from SH into wan2 on Draytek not getting internet at all.

Can anyone help with details on setup please, look around the net etc and cannot find a clear guide

Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Which port are you using on the sh3. Use the top one. Also it takes a while for your Draytek router to pick up a wan ip.

Have changed to top of SH as I was in bottom one.

Have restarted both, still no connection, ipconfig is showing an IP address

Failing miserably on settling up my vm super hub 3 with Draytek vigor 2830 n

Put sh3 in modem mode, works fine hooked up to laptop

When putting on Draytek and adding a lead from SH into wan2 on Draytek not getting internet at all.

Can anyone help with details on setup please, look around the net etc and cannot find a clear guide

Tried the guide here?

If I were you, I would try one thing at a time. I would run the VM hub as was originally, ensuring everything works with it (wifi and lan cabled), then connect a cable between the wan port of the Draytek into one of the numbered ports on the VM hub, and test that the Draytek gives you internet access via lan cable connection directly, then via wifi, etc.

This way if something is broken, you will find out quick. I don't have experience of the Draytek router, but a few issues reported on amazon.

I don't use one so can't be sure, but think the vm hub only needs to be in modem mode for vpn pass through.

No done none of that, tbh I thought it would be plug n go on Ethernet. Thanks will try that.

Only port 1 will work.

This will connect to the draytek.
Is there no set up guide anywhere for the draytek ?
Usually there is some sort of set up wizard to guide you

Yes but there is a wizard but not sure on settings, ppoe, static op etc for VM. Will try tomorrow hopefully but. Thanks w my bloody car is broken so will have to concentrate on that [emoji24]

OK
a draytek is classed as an enterprise standard router
in other words, its expected you know what you are doing to use it
they are actually very easy to set up though
it seems like you dont have your VM hub sorted properly tbh

OK
a draytek is classed as an enterprise standard router
in other words, its expected you know what you are doing to use it
they are actually very easy to set up though
it seems like you dont have your VM hub sorted properly tbh

How do I sort the vm hub mate?

used to use one of these routers at work, and they are pretty nifty bits of kit... :)

A few settings you would need to change on the WAN2 etc. here's a video

Back