Dreambox Gremlins

Scousebil

Hoping somebody can help me here i've had two days of banging my head against a brick wall ...

Have a Dreambox800HD with OpenATV image.

Until two days ago i had a c line running and everything was fine. Then suddenly the ppv channels went off - i can see the titles but no picture. I presumed it was the server and contacted the seller but he said everything was fine and my line was working perfectly.

No problem - i happen to have a spare box with a different image on but same c-line. I plugged it in and still no ppv. Changed the line to my friend's known working one and still nothing. Re-installed image and softcam etc but still nothing.

The only thing slightly amiss that i've noticed is that in DCC it doesn't connect to the router any more and says telnet login failed. I've checked the network on the box itself and all is fine but it makes sense it's a problem with the router: Everything is in place and i've checked, double checked, triple checked everything is in good order.

Has Virgin blocked me or something??

If virgin have done a firmware update ota on router it will probably have turned security shield/ parental contol or something similar on

Hey thanks for the replies. I'm with 1999gtv as I've tested with a known working line. It's a superhub. I've had a look at the security settings and it looks like there's nothing out of the ordinary. Not sure how to do port forwarding as I've never done it before - i think from scouring the net the port is 23 but what's the external ports?

If I put it into modem mode will that test the theory that it's the router at fault as the dreambox is hard wired with an ethernet cable? Will that switch everything off temporarily?

Port forwarding doesn't work properly on the superhub 3 - or if it does, I've never managed to have it working for more than a couple of days.

Worth a try, as from memory in modem mode firewall, wireless and most other hindrances are turned off and it should act as a proper modem. Been a while since I had virgin though and firmware may have changed. End of the day what have you got to lose by trying

Ok i've changed to modem mode and it made no difference to the tv. HOWEVER, i can no longer access the hub via 192.168.0.1 and my IP is showing as 77.96.180.1 but that won't let me access it either. How do i get back in to return it to a router?

No luck with a factory reset either! I have it unplugged now as I've read leaving it a while after a reset might help. Perhaps the hub was goosed in the first place?? I think the only last test will be to take the box to my friend's house when i can and make sure it's working there - then i will know for sure it is my hub...

Thanks for that - thought i'd buggered it for a minute there. Managed to get back in and do a factory reset but still no joy. Like i said i'll have to take it to my friend's house and test it. Still think Virgin are up to something - two different images on two boxes doing the same thing even with a known working c line ...

No joy. Took it to my friend's where the setup is working and still the same thing, What on earth is going on here? Is it the hardware itself!?

I replaced the power supply no change.

Bought a cheap ZGemma Star box all set up from the same guy who sold me my first dreambox about 7 years ago! Default cam is CcCam with SlyK skin - plugged in, added my line, same thing again. Changed the line to a test line on a different server, restarted, still the same thing. This is a completely different box, only ever used before to put the firmware on - it's as good as new. Does anybody at all have any ideas?? I'm at my wits end with all this now - my absolute wits end - i've been at it for the best part of a week :o(

I have sorted it. I am astounded. I am aghast. I am over the moon, yet I am outraged.

My .cfg file was Cccam.cfg instead of CCcam.cfg

I just changed it and now it works.

Days and days of banging my head off a brick wall over 1 letter in lower not upper case.

But why was it working no problem on two boxes for weeks as Cccam.cfg the suddenly stopped??

Back