dreambox

paddym

hey guys,

I have just recently decided to leave cable and starview and go for the satellite option. I have no idea where to start really so have been researching alot.

Which receiver is best, I have heard that dreamboxes are good but just wanted to check you guys opinions.

Does anyone on here do installations around the glasgow area?

cheers

i would say most are now clones on the market as the originals are over priced and they need a good brain in setting them up.dont think for a start off box it would be good.

the blade 7000 seems to be good many have ,and plenty of info in the sat section,and even on you tube.
it all depends what your needs are,just a viewing box,or recording needing a twin tuner and pvr ready,box will also need a sub to open the encrypted channels.

Last edited:
I generally just need a hd viewing box with a sub. Twin tuner pvr would be a bonus but I'm not that fussed. What sort of satellite would you recommend, size and motorised or not?

most just use a fixed dish pointing to 28.2.what channels are available are.

Code:
http://en.kingofsat.net/freqs.php?&pos=28.2E&standard=All&ordre=freq&filtre=Clear]Astra 1N / Astra 2A / Astra 2B / Astra 2D / Eutelsat 28A (28.2°E) - All transmissions - frequencies - KingOfSat
you can at a latter time get a motorised setup or as the odd person does gets it put in straight away so the lob is done once and correct,get a quad lnb so you can have 2 twin tuner boxes in different rooms if you upgrade later.

Last edited by a moderator:
most just use a fixed dish pointing to 28.2.what channels are available are.

Astra 1N / Astra 2A / Astra 2B / Astra 2D / Eutelsat 28A (28.2°E) - All transmissions - frequencies - KingOfSat

you can at a latter time get a motorised setup or as the odd person does gets it put in straight away so the lob is done once and correct,get a quad lnb so you can have 2 twin tuner boxes in different rooms if you upgrade later.

Thanks mate, do you have a recommended supplier website? and any sub recommendations?

I have the Dreambox DM500(s). It's just like having a standard Sky Digital Satellite Receiver so there really isn't anything special about it, but it works.

Would definitely recommend the Blade Media 7000(s). If your going over to satellite, you might as well go over in style. :)

if you want something that you can play with a linux box like dm800 or vu+duo is what you need lots of plugins lots of different skins you can use

I have the Dreambox DM500(s). It's just like having a standard Sky Digital Satellite Receiver so there really isn't anything special about it, but it works.

Would definitely recommend the Blade Media 7000(s). If your going over to satellite, you might as well go over in style. :)
is that the old sd box years old using a scart or the hd version?

I do a lot of boxes for friends,Dreambox not a easy box to set up unless you do a lot of reading but you can do lots of messing with the box plugins etc,if your lost by now?????? then deffo spend the extra money for a blade easy set up channals all in order etc hd channels are in my opinion better than slys even standard are brill all in all a very good box,plus add a hard drive and record 2 diff channels while watchin a 3rd :peace:

Just had the satellite guys come and for them to supply and fit a motorised dish was £350 plus vat :whacko:

They couldn't give me a quote just to install but to install a static dish was £85 plus vat.

This seems pretty steep to me....what do you guys think?

i dont think it is,use those links i sent and price up ,as they all add up on the bill,dish deals can be had on most sites as they supply everything that might be needed,found one in euro 613.77 includes a box:eyes:
just seen this

HTML:
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/TechniSat-Multytenne-4-Sats-On-1-Dish-No-Motor-Needed-/150439683174?pt=UK_ConEle_SatCableFreeview_RL&hash=item2306e76466

on one the the sites you sent me. there is a 1.2m motorised dish with blade 7000s and fittings for £250?

how difficult would it be to install myself?

Back