Drones.. DJI Spark.

Didn't need a photo of the farmers greenery but I took one anyway height 12ft..
rps20180709_191832.jpg

Looks nice mate for a starter :(y):

Hardest part was syncing wifi .
But as from last week dji brought out a cable OTG ( on the go) like a Ethernet lead . No Wi-Fi drop out.
I got 1500ft today no issues with connectivity . Wind 8mph. I think I have played around in beginner mode . Next is true Sport mode . Bin bag at the ready..

I have deleted a few posts from this thread for argumentative/attention seeking reasons, so it kinda makes nutter's post look a little disjointed, sorry, but the other person just got on my nerves in two or three threads in a row.
Hopefully a months ban will sort that out.

Evening
If googling the DJI SPARK. The drone is about £300 - £400
The combo package comes with case extras include 2 batteries case prop guards.

The mavic air combo with all the above
£900. The batterys are expensive as more flight time . 24 minutes on one charge .and 3 batterys in the combo package. 45mph.. only problem is remote control uses the phone like a power bank . Syncing issues I had on the spark all sorted. Took 5 minutes . Then 15 minutes to update firmware.

I use hola (fake Gps). So drone thinks it's in Canada.. I flew it out to sea 2 miles . It came home eventually. Not recommended if I am honest

Why do you have to use a fake GPS? Is the Mavic a complete kit with all the extras, but the Drone itself is still the DJI spark?

You should put up some footage from the air, some boats, or just the power of the sea.

As from 29th July we in UK can only fly legally 400ft high.
.CAA endorsed..
Using fake Gps Canada rules are unrestricted.
Dji spark is the baby brother
to DJI mavic air. Look similar but performance wise it's a different experience . I will grab some footage of the drone in flight..amazing hobby.

So the drone looks up where it is and obeys local rules?
We have new regulations coming in soon too, don't know what height, too lazy to look 'em up.
So you bought a second drone after having the fun you had with the first one? If you really need to get rid of cash, I'll give you my paypal address (I can spend it on a new bike :) )

Looking good stuss cant wait to see some in flight footage and dont drop out the sky over sea i couldnt imagine how you would feel if you ditched it in the drink :grimacing::(y):

I came home from Northumberland earlier.. thought I would have a fly.. my video footage is utter crap. I can fly by sight compatantly. But I disconnect using 5.8g. Wi-Fi is good inner city
2.4g Wi-Fi is good for distance but I was flying blind oh and 4k shooting pictures is harder than it looks as your faffing about on a tablet as well as looking at the drone..I can't multi task

Attachments

• rps20180904_180317.jpg
    rps20180904_180317.jpg
    167.2 KB · Views: 14
Just been looking on net at a gas / petrol powered nitro stingray drone and looks pretty neat and some reach speeds of 60mph :grimacing::grin:

I dont know if you can remember back in 2014 the canadian lancaster bomber plane flew together with ours from raf coninsby to do a flypast over ladybower /derwent dams.Well me and youngest son went because its only a 30 min drive from where i live and we walked all the way to the northside hilltop where they made their approach before dropping down into the valley.It would have been a perfect vantage point for a drone to get some footage because there was nobody up that end and the planes where literally about 50ft from ground :grin::grin:

Back