Drones.. DJI Spark.

From what I read will cost airports millions.. if it's local drone Iike a dji inspire they are 3k to buy. Police are doing this all wrong. A scanner could find it. But if like my drone can fly 3 miles away could be a long game

3 miles is a huge area to scan..
But using a jammer could stop the rf signal and bring a drone down in seconds..

Last edited by a moderator:
Yeah its certainly causing a lot of chaos and probably some t..t sat behind the controller laughing till they get a knock on the door

I've just read that the police have sent snipers down to potentially shoot the drone down. You would be well pi55ed off if you were trying to get away on your Christmas hols.

If I can can mess with Wi-Fi settings on a drone and take control. What resources must police have..to little to late...as always in UK..

I'm not convinced it really is a Drone. You would need a lot of batteries to fly constantly for well over 12 Hours. I suspect there was some other issue and they came up with the Drone excuse to avoid paying compensation.

Longest flight time would be DJI inspire. Or multiple drones being used from various locations.

I see the Mod and army have been called in now and looks a certainty the person/persons doing it will be having some prison time of some sort :rolleyes::grimacing:

I see the point if I was going away and see a drone stalking a plane..catastrophic. But this invasion was 10 hours. Surely a GPS fix must be the key, unless using a fake location
(Hola) either way hopefully found. On yahoo people asking to ban drones.
Pathetic..

I see the point if I was going away and see a drone stalking a plane..catastrophic. But this invasion was 10 hours. Surely a GPS fix must be the key, unless using a fake location
Pathetic..
Stussy you was with me when you joined the forum for your subs and that way i kept full control of things,Left you alone and you have brought most of london to a standstill with them contraptions you fly. :rolleyes::mad::(:oops:

Pathetic..

99% of people use drones in a responsible way, the 1% of d*ckheads who decide to do stuff like this and people then say ban them, it's a joke. What next, drone owners asking for planes to be banned because they want to fly into restricted air space. Some people need to wind their neck in, you can't just tar everyone with the same brush.

Hopefully this idiot is caught very soon and enjoys some quality time in a comfy cell.

Last edited:
If I lived in a hot country say Australia
I would love to try it. Have seen the phantom series bait dropping. But north sea does not quite have the same appeal...

Back