dsayers2014 openatv image for the H.2H with one set of bouquets

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi Dsayers2014, I've got the openvix image working perfectly on my h2h, would it be better to swap to this image, or is it a case of if it isn't broke don't fix it?

Its up to you but at some point ill have to stop support for the vix image so the custom.xml won't be updated it'll be a good while before I do

Its up to you but at some point ill have to stop support for the vix image so the custom.xml won't be updated it'll be a good while before I do

Why are you going to stop support for OpenVix?

I thought OpenATV is slightly slower for you?

I really like the OpenVix backup you have with one set of bouquets and i hope you make a new updated version when one is released by TeamVix in the future.

Thats why I haven't stopped vix image yet too many people prefer vix but it takes enough of my time supporting one image never mind 2 and work is trying to force me to work more nights so that would be less time being able to keep track of everything.

As I said it won't be any time soon

Sent from my SM-G925F using Tapatalk

Thats why I haven't stopped vix image yet too many people prefer vix but it takes enough of my time supporting one image never mind 2 and work is trying to force me to work more nights so that would be less time being able to keep track of everything.

As I said it won't be any time soon

With OpenVix lot more users prefer it since these backups have been over the forum before OpenATV. Its much simpler to set up once it's on the box.

There is a new version 4.2001 released on the 15th so was wondering if there is any improvements in this so hope a new update is made in the future with all the same features from your first release.

Last edited:
Via usb ill work on a way to flash via ftp the issue is openatv creates backup images differently to vix. If your on vix you could ftp the zipfile to media/hdd create a folder called imagebackups and place the zipfile in there then see if you can flash it.

Okay I will give that ago. So just put the whole zip file in a folder called image backups on the box?

Via usb ill work on a way to flash via ftp the issue is openatv creates backup images differently to vix. If your on vix you could ftp the zipfile to media/hdd create a folder called imagebackups and place the zipfile in there then see if you can flash it.

Tried copying the zip file to backup folder which was already there in hdd/media and also created new folder called imagebackups but when I go to image manager or backup manager the box doesn't pick it up - only shows the backup of the current image in backup manager and nothing in image manager.

Updated to this image now but I am getting that dreaded line going down the screen in epg - how can I get rid of the line? Got a screen shot but not sure how to attach it to the post.

---------- Post Merged at 08:29 PM ----------

Oh yeah and I couldn't find the VM preview channel - what channel number is it on this image?

The line has disappeared all of a sudden!!!
Have got one question - there are two cams - which one is the right one to use or doesn't it matter?

---------- Post Merged at 02:55 AM ----------

It's just whilst I was at work the missus was saying the box was freezing a lot.

The line comes and goes - I have realised that the line is current to the time so if I check EPG exactly on the hour the line is not there but if I check say at 47 past the line will be going down the screen at the point where it is 47 past - if that makes sense. Does anyone else have this issue and anyway to get rid of the timeline? I still prefer the Vermin HD skin I think - can I skin this image with the Vermin HD skin? Apart from that all is working great - I like the fact that the custommix.xml will now auto update and appreciate all the hard work that has gone into this by Dsayers - thanks again for the work and great image. Maybe when the latest release of Vix comes along all these features can be integrated into a Vix image as I think the Vix was better. Maybe this image just needs getting used to. Thanks again for the image and the effort that has gone into it and the continued support provided.

The line is part of the skin i integrated the atomatic download of the custom.xml in the vix image aswell but the vix image downloads it when abm runs in the morning I couldn't do that with the atv image due to atv doing updates so it would overwrite the main.pyo file thats why I added the customupdater plugin.

For the line that detects in real time so you can see how far you are in the programme for slyk1hd edit the extras.xml in usr/share/enigma2/slyk1hd t

Code:
    	<!-- epg current time highlight -->
    	<!-- 1 = arrow at top - faint line (default)-->
    	<!-- 2 = arrow at top - no line -->

<screen name="timeline-marker-pig" >
                 <panel name="timeline-marker-pig1" />
         </screen>

<screen name="timeline-marker-nopig" >
                 <panel name="timeline-marker-nopig1" />
         </screen>

<screen name="timeline-marker-infobar-epg" >
                 <panel name="timeline-marker-infobar-epg1" />
         </screen>

For the vskin-hd you could ask kiddac in his thread for removing it http://www.techkings.org/openvix-openatv-skins/94048-new-skin-vskin-hd.html

Looking at other skins you could try one from plugins portal then green to download plugins goto skins and try one from there just be aware I enabled vix feeds so it will show vix skins you could try them but I haven't tested them on openatv.

For chabs vm1.5hd skin have a look at his thread http://www.techkings.org/openvix-openatv-skins/88221-vm-hd-skin-v1-5-skin.html?highlight= or drop him a pm because I had to convert a lot in his ipk to get it working with vix that may not work on openatv.

Edit I see chabs has updated the skin on post 104 in the above link

Last edited:
Thanks as always Dsayers. If I could mess about and edit code and all that I probably wouldn't be asking for help on this forum - think I will leave all that for you pro's out there. I'm just happy to be watching TV - I might try the VSKIN HD and then leave it at that.
I'm assuming changing the skin doesn't affect the other features of the image? Thanks again buddy.

---------- Post Merged at 12:22 PM ----------

Ive gobe into settings, system, network, adapter settings to find IP address for box but it is only showing DNS names. It was showing the IP address when first flashed.
How can i get the IP address so I can FTP the skins to the box?

No skin shouldn't affect the features. It isn't that hard to edit the extras.xml your just changing a 1 to 2.

For your ip address press menu, information, network

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back