Dual CABLE tuner? is it possible?

Karl0ss

I am quite new to this, and have a Zgemma H2H with a Sly tuner and a Vermin tuner on the back, I only have Vermin, and was wanting to use open webif to stream a separate channel than what is being played in the lounge, this seems to work for some channels (If Nick Jr is on in lounge, Nickelodeon can be streamed to laptop, but not Sky Sports) I believe this is due to only having the single tuner, so, can I get a USB DVD-C tuner and plug that in, install the driver from the plugins section, and split my cable line into the 2 tuners and be able to stream any two channels in different rooms?

Also, if that is possible, can someone point me towards a USB DVB-C that would work on the Zgemma.

Thanks for any help

Karl

Yes its possible, but you need to buy a USB tuner which has drivers available for enigma2.

I think Vu sell one, and I also hear anything that uses Sundtek hardware should work... both are around the £50 mark though.

With all the money you will end up spending on your receiver plus usb tuner I would cut my losses now and sell the H2H and look at xtrend 8500.

Ok, So as I didn't pay for my box originally, I decided to order the - VU+ Turbo USB tuner..

I have a couple of questions about settings this up..

Will i need to rescan all my channels on the new tuner, so it knows what is there? will this cause duplicate entries in my epg?

Also, Do I now need to pay for a second vermin line so the second tuner can work, or will a single Nline on the box be fine for both the tuners? (internal and usb)

Thanks for any information.

Karl

And do I have to rescan all my channels on that tuner and add them to bouquets? or will it just get used when a second tuner is needed?

Thanks

Back