Duplicat SIM to use in a mobile router

gillettos

Hi I'm looking at utilising my current unlimited SIM contract in my mobile device to also put into a 5g router, ie clone the SIM and just use the data for the router side. This ultimately means havin to pay for my existing mobile and utilising my unlimited broadband to its maximum potential....

Just wounded if anyone had tried this or even done this?

Hi, I use my SIM in my 5g router regularly when I go away. You can't clone a sim card, but if you have an apple or Samsung watch you could get a plan to keep connected for calls n texts depending on your network provider when you are using the SIM in your router. This costs about £7 extra a month. Other option is grab a cheap sim costs an extra £3 a month for calls etc and you can forward calls to it from your unlimited SIM. You would still need to log into router to read and reply to your SMS if you did the latter.
Finally if you have a duel SIM phone and are not in contract, plus depending on your signal strength, (this is what I have set up): silux mobile unlimited data SIM 2 yr contract £11.95pm (uses three) and a rwg mobile SIM for calls/texts (uses ee) 1 yr pre paid unlimited calls n text and 5gb data £40 for the year £3.33 a month pro rata. Works out £15 a month but ultimate flexibility and keep connected when data SIM is in router

Last edited:
I thought the old Elvis programmer did SIM cards if I remember correctly, it was along time ago though

Back