E2 - Stream/IPTV and (not deep) StandBy

Boskowski

Hello,

as the title says this is about enigma2 IPTV behaviour when in standby mode.
I have a zgemma and openatv 6.1 btw, but I think this probably applies to all e2.

Basically it just keeps streaming. You have to manually switch over to a sat channel before going to standby as a workaround. Or go to deep standby instead.

The first option won't work because it will be next to impossible to educate the girlfriend on that one.
And deep standby isn't great because it takes too long to boot/shutdown and also recordings wouldn't work then.

Is there anything else I can do?
This question has popped up before on google but not much and no solution from those links/threads.

cheers

Bosko

You could move your FTA Sat bouquet to the 1st in your bouquets list.
press & hold the power button on the remote for 4 seconds & select deep standy.

You are correct that by leaving the system on an IPTV channel the box continues to stream even when in standby mode, its always best to place the box on a FTA Sat channel when not in use. Use the shortcut/quick access to enter deep standby...press & hold the power button on the remote for 4 seconds, as for recordings leave the box on the IPTV channel you wish to record from IF your IPTV is not multiroom activated.
Its not ideal but is an effective way to stop streaming when not using your box.

Back