E3 Card Reader PS3 downgrade 3.50 to 3.41

I would recomend the 2tb from western digital on amazon,and if your realy adventures,the samsung itb internal 2.5 inch,a little mod to the internal hdd tray and it fits as it is 3mm higher than normal,and a large srewdriver to enable sliding pressure,the skys the limit then m8

Hi SINNO,

Is this true that I can be on firmware 3.55 CFW and on the jailbreak homebrew as 3.55 would be more compatible with the new games available today and I would not need dongle every time.

You can install custom firmware to 3.55,i think from what everyone is saying Kmeaw is the best,there are also good reports about rebug 3.55.1,the compatibility is not an issue,LA Noire,Brink,and a lot of others all work fine on 3.41,patience is the key a fix always comes out,if it will work on 3.55 there is every chance it will work on 3.41
The only thing stopping me moving is finding the eboots and which games were patched,to get all the 3.41 games to work on 3.55,as you are starting out it is a option,but remember installing cfw has its risks also

SINNO - Is there a way of transferring a backup game from my PS3 hard drive to an external hard drive and I have read that the PS3 games have to be split up into parts as with the external drive formatted at fat32 that only takes files no bigger than 4GB can you point me to the software that I would need to do this cheers.

Yes malc,if you have multiman installed,in game settings you can copy the game from internal to external,with the games with big files you can use a programe called PS3 Split file,not all games like to have the file split so a little research will be needed first on what game you want to put to the external,you will split the files on the pc and then transfer to the external,not all games have these files

You will need openps3ftp,i have cat5 cable running from my router to the ps3,i then run open ps3ftp and on my pc open a windows window and in the top banner where it will say computer click there it will turn blue and type ftp://192 ********* or whatever the address your ps3 is,it will be displayed on the screen when you launch open ps3 ftp,when you have access to the ps3 you are looking for dev.hdd0/game/launch1234 if you have that set on multiman,it is in here you place the game,thats my set up,others recomend filezilla i found it impossible to use and it would take forever wirelessly

Hi SINNO,

I have got my PS3 on 2.55 Firmware with multiMAN 2.00 and working a treat.

Came across a PS3 on EBay that can play PS1 games and PS2 games how is this achieved

The original phat ps3 was backwards compatible,as in i did play ps2 games on the ps3,dont know about ps 1,with multiman there are new emulators being added all the time so if you spot a psx emulator that should cover your needs,you'd be a brave man buying that on ebay,the cobra device pretty much offers those functions and i'm sure it will offer it on 3.55 soon

Hi Sinno,

I came across something that it is possible to backup PS3 games on a blue ray burner in order make backup games you need to install the software but if you want to burn a backup disc you need to require a genuine Blue ray games burner to get the job done. You will need to use special game copy software instead of the standard CD/DVD burning program in order to copy PS3’s more advanced Blue ray discs the software is Game_Copy_Wizard do you know anything about this software and if it works.

Last edited:
Never heard of it malc,dvdfab platinum and another programe were proposed a while back to do similar,but the fact the game can go on a hdd seemed to put an end to it,is saving the blue ray drive on the ps3 that i am doing by running games from the hdd

Hi Sinno,

Just got some info that it is possible to backup PS3 games on a DVD-R disc or BD-R I would start with Backup Manager and save the game to my external hard drive and then if I copy the 2 directories: PS3_GAME & PS3_UPDATE and 1 file PS3_DISC.sfb if I Burn those 2 directories and the 1 file to a single layer DVD-R or BD-R Disc Then Jailbreak my PS3, insert the disc, load Backup Manager and then the game will load up but to do this I would need a blue ray burner unless you know of a ps3 game that will fit on a 4GB DVD disc to try this out (dual-layer media discs doesn't work) may see improved compatibility when playing from an optical disc than from a hard drive.

Last edited:
Hi malc,your determined to get that done,HERE is where i usually check for info regarding games and sizes of same

Back