Easy guide to instsall openatv 6.2

Scrads14

Looking for a easy guide to install openatv 6.2 not quite understanding it as it says on here about a folder saying receiver name but I can’t find a folder that says that

yes, just put the zgemma folder on usb and flash in the usual way
once you've flashed openatv6.2, you either add wooshbuild infinity or grogbuild freerange but no by usb, you just do it with a command line in openwebif

http://www.techkings.org/threads/openatv-set-up-guide.114651/
Heres a simple guide to get you up and running once you have flashed atv 6.2 should you need it :(y):

Hi thanks I
once you've flashed openatv6.2, you either add wooshbuild infinity or grogbuild freerange but no by usb, you just do it with a command line in openwebif

I already have openatv 6.1 on the box does that make a difference as it didn’t flash just said usb then updt on the box and can’t find any WooshBuild infinity to download to flash

if i make a backup of my box (installed wooshbuild with 6.1)
then install 6.2 via usb (download from openatv nightly downloads)
then install my previous backup on it
*********************will that work*************
dont like wooshbuild infinity .....wooshbuild 7 works better on h3

Hi thanks I

I already have openatv 6.1 on the box does that make a difference as it didn’t flash just said usb then updt on the box and can’t find any WooshBuild infinity to download to flash

there is no wooshbuild download
you download openatv 6.2 and unzip it, then flash the box with it, if it doesn't flash, use a different USB, wooshbuild 7 isn't supported or updated any longer.
If you can flash openatv 6.2 via the box, just add infinity via the wooshbuild infinity installation page

My H92S box has started misbehaving on basic satellite 28.2 (BBC, etc). It speeds up and then slows down on live TV. On a recording, I Fast foward, then press play and it goes back to the beginning. Its been working fine for a year or so on latest WB and ATV 6.2. I assumed it may be an ATV issue but everytime I try to do an online upgrade to latest ATV it stops after any number of percent. Any suggestions appreciated.

it can't speed up live TV it's not a time machine (y)
if it's trying to run updates in the background it may be struggling.
openwebif>terminal
type root, click enter, then type this and click enter again
opkg update

Yes good point - I actually should have meant slow down then speed up to catch up :sleep:.
I have done as you suggested - should I now try to update to ATV 6.3 or is that it?

Running that command should clear any updates so see if it's any better now.
I'd reboot box and router first, complete power off for 3 mins minimum and restart

Back