1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

ebooks and other resources - forum supporters only

Discussion in 'Feedback and Suggestions.' started by pabloescaban, Nov 6, 2017.

1. pabloescaban

pabloescaban TK Veteran Forum Supporter

Would it not be feasible to make the ebook section and other sections of the forum available to forum supporters only, I'm sure no one would mind paying a few pounds to have access to such a large library of ebooks and maybe even the radio codes section.

lots of people join just to get a code or a few ebooks for free and a small fee (£2.50 maybe for a month's support) would be beneficial to the upkeep of the site.

steptoe likes this.
  2. steptoe

steptoe TK Veteran

ye,
    I'm a member of another forum and its a years sub , a fiver , if you want a radio code
    still a lot cheaper than any other method,

although I think there is some legal stuff about just how you charge,
    apparently you cant actually charge for the membership, or something along those lines, but there is obviously a workaround

3. aldan

aldan VIP Member

still cant bring myself to do ebooks.we have in the neighborhood of 1000 books tho.on paper.

4. pabloescaban

they don't need to say membership, they just put a caveat on the ebooks, radio codes section that they're for members who've been here a minimum of 3 months, or forum supporters
    they either drive to work in silence for 3 months or cough up a few quid, rather than the current system where they join, get a radio code or a few bestsellers and never return, the site gains nothing from this set up.
    Obviously if they go on to become contributing members of the forum, we all gain

could be a fire hazard there Aldan!

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 7, 2017
  5. HiTeck

HiTeck Administrator Staff Member

TBH I wouldn't be happy with making money off of someone elses work but I can see the point of it BUT not happy adding its as a sub area only.
    For that reason I will add a forum and a download section that is CLOSED to everyone that is NOT a 'FS' or 'VIP'.
    That way it's an extra to the already benefits we have as a forum supporter and those that have already donated to it.
    VIPs naturally get it because they have to be very trusted, to get VIP so ....

Would that suit everyone?

HT.

pabloescaban and steptoe like this.
  6. pabloescaban

I think that would be a good start HiTeck, maybe it would get more popular and increase revenue for the upkeep of the site as time goes on and content increases.