MINI Edision OS Mini: Lost DVB Cable Tuner or Vermin Feed?

tipdog

Have a puzzler and any wisdom on my Edision OS Mini would be appreciated. My problem is the DVB-C tuner won’t tune...

DVB-S tuner works fine and can pick up near 900 channels. I can also watch FTA channels via the vermin feed.

However, When I try the DVB-C tuner I get nothing. My supplier and I have been through settings and all seem as they should, my vermin line seems ok, and have tried a number of different Ethernet cables in case one is dodgy, but there’s still nothing obvious

I’m beginning to think I may have dodgy DVB-C tuner or something wrong with my vermin feed, that I’m not aware of and it’s here with these two hunches, I’d really appreciate any suggestions before I show the box my hammer...

Thanks in advance
Bill

what do you mean your vermin line SEEMS OK ?
its either OK or not, is it live?
even without a line you will get 1-4 sd ,
do you have an active vermin connection.?

sorry,
I've read this again,
so you get 1-4 sd via vermin,
that means your tuner is working,
have you got the other vermin channels but just a blank screen on them?
how have you set up ABM.?

Yes can see many vermin channels but just a blank screen

Whichever way I configure ABM generates a ‘timeout for tuner clock’ error message

Thanks for keeping the suggestions coming! Reset Net ID to a couple of adjacent areas, whichever combo of net Id/area I try, the box starts to tune vermin, finds 500 ish channels but before it can finish, I get the ‘Timeout for tuner lock’ error message, damn, thought we had it then...!

what location and netid is in use?
have you setup your cable tuner and scanned for channels to get your list- not abm list
what is your status on cable and splitter like top notch and paying for a vm service like bb?

Central Midlands HD 00018 Northampton

Tried to service scan for channels before ABM but get Error failed to scan (error starting scanning!) message

Not sure what the rest of the message means, yes I’m paying for my vermin service, had same great provider for what, 2 years

00018 has been a transponder change 16 days ago try ABM update config files then re scan ABM. You may need to update ABM as it bumped version yesterday

that is one reason why boxes need to be on latest image and updates as things get thrown at us and box gets thrown out of window,new updates on all images for other issues coming soon.

Hi there, appreciate all the reply’s:

ABM update config files generates a ‘UpdateProviders - Incompatible versions: 2.4>2.9’ error message...

I’ll happily try and update ABM if anyone could give me any pointers
Thanks all.

Here is latest ABM cable UK xml no PID hacks unzip and ftp the cable_uk_virgin.xml to usr\lib\enigma2\python\Plugins\SystemPlugins\AutoBouquetsMaker\providers and delete the providers cach file in smae location and rescan ABM.

Youll need to look at updating image to fix NAR issues

Attachments

• cable_uk_virgin.zip
    3.2 KB · Views: 16
You need to update whatever image you are using To the latest. The latest vix image to fix ABM will be out shortly.

Thanks again to all for the helpful pointers - after much hair-loss, I've 'parked' to box for now and will watch out for the latest vix image.
Cheers all.

Thanks again to all for the helpful pointers - after much hair-loss, I've 'parked' to box for now and will watch out for the latest vix image.
Cheers all.

the image has been released bud,
I'm flashing my OSmini as I type this, :)

Thanks for the heads-up, DL it and tried it on x 2 Fat 32 formatted sticks - the box picks up the new firmware on both sticks, but bypasses these and instead boots the old image immediately into 'error tune scan'

I have a cunning plan to take it back to factory settings and start over but it wont now even let me take it back to menu...I think it know what I have planned for it hahah!

Thanks for the heads-up, DL it and tried it on x 2 Fat 32 formatted sticks - the box picks up the new firmware on both sticks, but bypasses these and instead boots the old image immediately into 'error tune scan'

I have a cunning plan to take it back to factory settings and start over but it wont now even let me take it back to menu...I think it know what I have planned for it hahah!

are you holding down the OK button when it boots up.?

Back