MINI Edision OS Mini: Lost DVB Cable Tuner or Vermin Feed?

3rd usb finally worked! Am back at factory, so am pleased I can now at least try and setup from scratch

Thanks again to you all for the speedy support

good show

I can thoroughly recommend plain OpenVIX and just add the bits you need,
its dead easy to set-up, I've just reflashed mine. although mine is twin sat, @bees has done a great guide for a combo box,

Good plan. Funnily enough I used Bee’s super guide to originally setup my combo so yes, will certainly go for a minimum setup this time

Good plan. Funnily enough I used Bee’s super guide to originally setup my combo so yes, will certainly go for a minimum setup this time

its all I need really, you can add a skin if you want,
all I do is flash VIX, download ABM, mgcamd , and channel importer [you dont need that unless you use your box as a client receiver]
and thats all I need, I dont even bother with a skin
plug in a usb for the epg, and one for timeshift/recording, and its showtime

i forgot you have multisat a day for scanning and 15000 limit,cable scanning has got quicker i noticed.

Box now has latest Vix image as of yesterday (release day) I'll use Bees cracking guide to setup - can I check that I still need to FTP the ABM cable UK xml onto the box?

If so at what stage, am guessing at the 'Auto Bouquet Maker Menu pick Providers' stage, or does the new image now mean negate I dont need to do this?
Thanks

There you go thinking you'd made progress and wallop!

Here goes - Latest Vix image (November 20th) loaded, Bee's guide followed; mg-cfc and newcamd.list FTP'd to usr/keys

latest ABM cable UK no PID hacks xml doc FTP'd to;

usr\lib\enigma2\python\Plugins\SystemPlugins\AutoBouquetsMaker\providers

providers cache file in same location location deleted

Serice scan on tuner C still doesnt find any channels

ABM re-scanned BUT I still get 'Failed to tune Vermin Meeeja (UK) on tuner B Check tuner is correctly configured' error

Any pointers gratefully received, thanks all.

If you flashed latest images there would have been no need to ftp cable.xml. your the third person to report tuner errors but in different areas and different boxes. Try update config files and rescan. You'll probably get the same error. I'm not sure what's going on.

I dont understand all this ftp-ing either,
all I needed ftp for was my line,
ABM is in the image with vermin as a provider

i would say just reflash again to latest image and setup box from scratch,its the amount of people adding things on previous image and then using settings restore fecks things up.

totally agree,
why are people still trying to patch and bodge old images when there are new images available with all the fixes incorporated,.?

Back