MINI Edision os mini wont flash

emmerdale

Hi guys i hyave a edission os mini when i got it it had vix image on it so i flashed it with whoosh build v5 that went in sweet and was working the iptv i put on it but i had to have a mess about with it as you do and messed it up. so i thought no problem i will just reflash it again with whoosh build so i did the factory reset and when it started to boot up it started to boot up the whoosh build v5 but behind it i could see the old vix imge on it and when it fully booted up the whoosh build v5 currently populating your channels via the satellite and then crashes and starts looping over and over again i have tryd diffrent usb sticks to reflash it using whooshbuild and vix image but no joy whatsoever any help would be great thanks in advance.

any usb sticks i use are 8gb kingston,cruzer or integral,format fat32 and extract image to usb and insert into powered off box,power on and follow the flashing guides for your box.

IF cactikids advice fails and only if it fails try the following. Make sure you have downloaded the plain vix image for the your receiver extract the zip file and you will see folder called osmini, open folder and right click on file called no force and rename it force then exit out of folder. Fully format a usb stick the smaller the better to fat 32, copy the folder called osmini to usb stick and once fully complete eject it. Power off edision insert usb and power back on let it do its thing. Make absolutely sure you have downloaded the correct image for your box as changing the file named noforce to force will flash it. They should remove the factory reset from these boxes as it causes far more problems than it solves.

any usb sticks i use are 8gb kingston,cruzer or integral,format fat32 and extract image to usb and insert into powered off box,power on and follow the flashing guides for your box.

I've actually got an old verbatim 256k usb that I use for flashing,
does the job very well, :(y):

One case where smaller is better for sure I use an Imation nano pro 4gb and it never fails. Which has probably jinxed it for sure

One case where smaller is better for sure I use an Imation nano pro 4gb and it never fails. Which has probably jinxed it for sure

lol
yer, well Im about to have to reflash my edision OSmini just now, so I'll see if the 256k one still works, :pray:

THANK YOU Guys for all your advice. and thank you 1999gtv i did all what you told me and that did the trick your advice was perfect once again thanks one and all

Back