MINI Edison Loop Out

scoob197

TK Veteran
The loop out setup I am trying to achieve for a friend is from their main box in the front room which is an Edison Mini twin sat (was xtrend twin sat) if the main box is not using tuner B (recording something) the Tuner B loop out feeds an Openbox in the kitchen.

They are happy with this setup and understand that if they are recording in the front room they cant watch in the kitchen, anyway, this was all working fine until I replaced the xtrend for the Edison, now the Openbox has no signal. Can anyone shed any light on why this wont work in the same way as the xtrend please?

boxes dont need to record to stop 2nd tuner from working epg,abm,streaming all might use 2nd tuner.

boxes dont need to record to stop 2nd tuner from working epg,abm,streaming all might use 2nd tuner.

OK yes if EPG or ABM is updating point taken,, but they update at 4 in the morning, we are testing in the day when we want to watch channels in the kitchen.

In simple terms tuner B is free but wont loop out like it did on the xtrend. Even if I turn the Edison off the loop out doesnt work.

why not disable tuner b and join wire to openbox then can rec channel watching and openbox works

yer thanks for input but that's just making them both single tuners.

Sounds convoluted I know, and in my own house I would run a separate feed to each box however this setup as explained above used to work, all we have done is change the xtrend for an edison, both have loop out feature but it seems the edison doesnt work

and limiting a good box to use an inferior box does not make sense.

Limiting what you want to record because you want to watch it live in the kitchen whilst you are cooking
make sense now?

Back