MINI Edison mini combo

Rodders86

Hi all i have been looking at this receiver and would like some feedback on it if possible. I've never heard of edison before are they a good receiver and well supported? I'm just after a budget receiver using both sat/cable and iptv is kodi iptv as i'm a newbie to iptv? i've just been using kodi on an android box. This box got reccomended to me i've been looking at the zgemma h2h but apperently its not officially supported. Any help much appreciated

Eddison is officially supported by vix who in my opinion are the most user freindly for setting up.
Also will recieve a 2year hardware gaurantee.
It has wifi built in (never tried it myself)
It wont run full kodi as its not powerfull enough but no budget reciever will.
In my opinion its much better than the zgemma but people will disagree.

When ordering asked for it to be flashed with vix free if charge.

The follow bees tutorial on setting up a e2 combo box and you cant go wrong.

Hi all i have been looking at this receiver and would like some feedback on it if possible. I've never heard of edison before are they a good receiver and well supported? I'm just after a budget receiver using both sat/cable and iptv is kodi iptv as i'm a newbie to iptv? i've just been using kodi on an android box. This box got reccomended to me i've been looking at the zgemma h2h but apperently its not officially supported. Any help much appreciated
If your after sly ,vermin and iptv on the same box then yes a twin tuner the zgemma is a great first box ..no it's not officially supported ..but there are hundreds out there plenty of help on here ...you might be better with the whoosh build and the iptv player for kodi although kodi can be hit and miss on the zgemma ...if you wish too spend more I'd look at the vu+ range best all round box on the market ..does everything you'll ever need but pricey but we'll worth it

Have a good read in the zgemma and vu forums on here pal loads happy too help

Sent from my LG-D855 using Tapatalk

Thanks for the replys i was edging more towards the zgemma h2h which would be the cheapest vu model that would do both sat and cable and iptv and kodi? I'm not bothered about recording just that theres that many vu receivers about? I have a motorised dish which isnt working at the minute not lined up properly do you think its worth realligning or just taking down and useing a sky dish and the iptv on the boxes? I mainly want it for the footy Thanks for the help

I have both, prefer the look of the zgemma but in all honesty the Edision has the edge both in features & function but it is a close call imo

Hi thanks do you use satellite dish or just use the iptv channels on them what are the iptv pictures like any good are they better than android box? Cheers

Thanks for the replys i was edging more towards the zgemma h2h which would be the cheapest vu model that would do both sat and cable and iptv and kodi? I'm not bothered about recording just that theres that many vu receivers about? I have a motorised dish which isnt working at the minute not lined up properly do you think its worth realligning or just taking down and useing a sky dish and the iptv on the boxes? I mainly want it for the footy Thanks for the help
If you have a motorised dish I'd get it fixed you wouldn't need iptv then for 3.oclocks etc ...yeah go with the or as already said Edison slightly tips the scales plus Edison is fully supported via world of sat

Sent from my LG-D855 using Tapatalk

Ok i think i will get it lined up properly i'm thinking about the h2h now as they seem to be more popular than the edison even on the forums even though their not officially supported is it still worth keeping my t8 android box aswell or can these receivers do pretty much both? Cheers for the help guys

Theres a vu solo se v2 in the for sales section for £120 inc postage
Will fill all your needs and is better than the eddison and zgemma.

**sorry noticed you want sat aswell

Last edited:
Hi would a vu+ duo be capable of using sat and cable and iptv can you also use kodi and record on this box i've seen quite a few for sale reasonably priced are they easy enough to update and use e.t.c cheers

Hi would a vu+ duo be capable of using sat and cable and iptv can you also use kodi and record on this box i've seen quite a few for sale reasonably priced are they easy enough to update and use e.t.c cheers

Depends on the tuner setup. Don't think Duos come in combo setup but I could easily be wrong. You can buy a USB tuner for cable though, if you wanted.

As for IPTV, yes, Kodi, not on the original Duo, but you can record.

Back