MINI Edison mini crashing on 1st setup

I have converted to Edison from Zgemma 2S and must say I am very happy with it.
I have loaded Vix 4 and then 4.1 by USB reflashing and all fine. I am using Kiddacs revised BLue HD skin.
I find the box and remote very responsive, better than the ZGEMMA plus you can automatically update on-line too.

Just got my Edision OS Mini, it came with openvix and i have it working quite quickly by some miracle, thanks to the guide on here.

But how do you sort the channels out ?

I have the virmin tuner off for now and just setting up the sly.

Thanks

As I said in our pms I have a custom mix file to swap the unavailable sky hd channels with virgin but you just want the sky channels so that won't work for you if you just want to use the sky tuner. Are you using autobouqetemarker?you Should be able to scroll across to custom that should get rid of the dead hd channels. If your using autobouqete e2 then one of the other members will be able to help you out.

I can't be doing it right then i had another look last night and there is no custom option anywhere.

Maybe i'm getting confused and you have to install an addon called autobouqetemarker, i'm just using what came with the box which i think is called autobouqetemaker, so not marker.

On another note i notice if i change skins after the restart the scrambled channels no longer work and i have to restart mgcamd 1.3.8, not sure if this is the norm due to changing skins. I did have it set to autostart by the way.

And one last question is better to use mgcamd 1.38 or 1.35

Sorry for all the questions, i'm only two days into this.

Follow the guide from here

Menu - Setup - Service Searching - Auto Bouquet Maker - Configure

I use 1.38 as it's the latest version but if you have a good line in the box you wouldn't
what cam you where using.

Hi Bees, i did follow your guide, that's how i got the box set up so quick.

But i have not set up the virmin part yet, as i left the tuner as not configured for now. So i skipped the virmin part of your guide.

I've been in the menu you mention above and never seen any custom or scan only hd or scan only sd ?

I do have a good line, its been perfect on my previous openbox v8s, hardly any glitches but now on the E2 box i'm noticing a lot more glitches and freezes.

Not sure what you mean by what cam am i using, i think its just softcam that came with the box and mgcamd 1.38

Thanks

Do you know what version of vix your running menu, information, about info you should be on vix 4.1.0..

It sounds like your on older firmware if you don't have the custom option

It says version 4.1 in the image imformation

im setting my cable side now and I am carefully following the guide but I'm stuck here.

Type in your net id, put yes against all the QAM settings, Scan additional SR, at the bottom of the list type in your symbol rate

What is my network id, is this my IP address assigned to the box.

And what is my symbol rate.

Thanks

---------- Post Merged at 05:54 PM ----------

Ok I find out what these are now on here.

i found a list on here which helped luckily as my Virmin modem is in modem mode so could not see the info in there.

only thing was the net id was 6 digits and on my box the value to enter is only 5 digits ?

---------- Post Merged at 06:03 PM ----------

Right I'm getting there slowly.

i have all the channels now.

while in the Virmin channel list it says provider Unknown at the top,is this correct ?

Last edited:
I'm all up and running on both sly and Virmin now, currently trailing vm.

i will leave the channels now how they are scanned in as I seem to be on latest vix image 4.1 and have looked multiple times for custom channel scanning etc and it does not exist on my box it seems.

so I'm giving up with that, it must be hidden deep somewhere.

at least it's all working that's the main thing.

glad you got it sorted since your struggling with the custom option you will get the sky hd channels in your bouquet you can try my xml file if you want because that will swap the sky hd channels with virgin and will give you one set of bouquets instead of two

Extract this View attachment sat_282_sky_uk_CustomMix.rar to your desktop and ftp the sat_282_sky_uk_CustomMix.xml to /usr/lib/enigma2/python/Plugins/SystemPlugins/AutoBouquetsMaker/custom
reboot box

In autobouquet marker, providers choose
sky ROI yes
Sky ROI: area ROI HD all the other roi needs to be no
Sky UK yes
Sky UK: area your area HD
Sky UK: FTA only no
all other Sky uk to yes including channel swap

Virgin (UK) yes
Virgin (UK): area your netid (if your still unsure of the netid have a look here http://www.techkings.org/general-cable-tv/65862-cable-netids.html)
Virgin (UK): FTA only no
Virgin (UK): generate main bouquet yes this will be needed to update epg
no need to generate the other bouquets unless you want them
Virgin (UK): swap channels yes
green to save
in service searching press provider's order sat_282_uk needs to be first highlight it and press yellow to move up green to save then star scan

for virgin epg have a look at the pdf provided here by FreeUK http://www.techkings.org/general-cable-tv/93070-missing-epg-info.html post 7

Last edited:
Back