MINI Edison OS MINI 2x DVB-S/S2 Strange Problem

jim56

Just received an Edison OS MINI 2x DVB-S/S2 and I have a strange problem and was wondering if anybody else had experienced it? If I press "menu", "exit" or the "back button" my box either switches off my TV or goes to the built in DVD player channel . I know the obvious answer is to try another TV but that means admitting to the wife that I 've bought another box to play with lol.

It's connected by HDMI so I may try connecting it with the 3.5mm to RCA Cable that came with the box to see if that makes any difference. I can connect to the box by FTP no problem but can't install CCcam through the plugin menu because of it changing TV channels or switching the TV off. It's getting on a bit tonight so I'll have another go tomorrow.

jim

Just received an Edison OS MINI 2x DVB-S/S2 and I have a strange problem and was wondering if anybody else had experienced it? If I press "menu", "exit" or the "back button" my box either switches off my TV or goes to the built in DVD player channel . I know the obvious answer is to try another TV but that means admitting to the wife that I 've bought another box to play with lol.

It's connected by HDMI so I may try connecting it with the 3.5mm to RCA Cable that came with the box to see if that makes any difference. I can connect to the box by FTP no problem but can't install CCcam through the plugin menu because of it changing TV channels or switching the TV off. It's getting on a bit tonight so I'll have another go tomorrow.

jim
Jimbo give me 5 mins and i will explain whats happening,Be careful or you could blow the old boy up with that remote

The one I was trying it on just has a big UMC on the front but I have a Polaroid I could try it on.

jim

There are some great guys on this forum but very few that do the fitting side of things,What your finding is the remote you are using is being picked up on different devices,If you have a polariod TV that would have been bought from asda yes

I only wanted to set it up to stream to my laptop really as I watch very little TV, mainly the MotoGP. I'm using a dreambox 500s at the min but I have to do all the frequency changes myself as enigma 1 stuff is hard to find pmsl. The wife uses a Blade 7000s in the sitting room.

jim

---------- Post Merged at 04:42 AM ----------

Yes the Polaroid came from ASDA. I do have access occasionally to a Hitachi 42" smart TV but when I say occasionally that's exactly what I mean pmsl.

jim

I have never used blade boxes so cant really help there,your posting was about help with a remote using a edision mini,stick to the first problem and we can go to the second

---------- Post Merged at 04:53 AM ----------

6 am is my cut off so we need to type a little quicker please jimbo

Just a thought Leslie but I do have a 21" Samsung TV that I use as a PC monitor because the HDMI doesn't work that well for some reason (the pic is very dark). I'm not too bothered about the UMC or the Samsung because I have a 24" flat screen monitor doing nothing at the minute and I rarely use a PC these days. If there's any chance of me breaking the 42" Hitachi smart TV then that's more than my life's worth, I'd rather stick with my dreambox 500s lol.

jim

---------- Post Merged at 04:57 AM ----------

I have no problem with the blade, it's so easy the wife can update the channels lol. I just wanted to replace my dreambox 500s with the Edison.

jim

---------- Post Merged at 05:06 AM ----------

I think you've already told me that it's a TV problem Leslie

jim

Jimbo your a hell of a boy,You have got a few tv problems and we are talking about a remote control,I better get the whiskey out for this one.Follow the guide or i will send the lads aroundLOL
lol
I have spend 3 hrs tonight doing my link below,But i am going to help you if i can

[h=3]Complete box and satellite/cable/iptv system and new additions[/h]

---------- Post Merged at 05:13 AM ----------

Right we need to start from scratch,Set the box up on one TV only

Jim just set the box up on one tv,Turn off all the other devices so only the remote will work on the box and the the tv you are using,Stop thinking about the sex films(best pm me) for that and will help

Sorry Les I know your cut off point is 6am m8. I had to unplug the box and reboot my router as everything was hanging. As you've already pointed out, I'm no spring chicken and I also have a few health problems so find it difficult to get up after being down lol. I thank you for all your help and I'll mess about with it today and hopefully catch you again. Have a good day m8

jim

---------- Post Merged at 06:00 AM ----------

I'll also have a good read through what you've written m8, take care

jim

Sorry Les I know your cut off point is 6am m8. I had to unplug the box and reboot my router as everything was hanging. As you've already pointed out, I'm no spring chicken and I also have a few health problems so find it difficult to get up after being down lol. I thank you for all your help and I'll mess about with it today and hopefully catch you again. Have a good day m8

jim

---------- Post Merged at 06:00 AM ----------

I'll also have a good read through what you've written m8, take care

jim
I will give you one more hour to get your sex films going jimbo,Where are we at now

Hi

HI other than the strange fault that sounds like a IR clash how are you getting on with the edision??

---------- Post Merged at 10:35 AM ----------

Hi other than the strange fault that sounds like a IR clash how are you getting on with the Edision?

I got round my problem by covering the sensor on the TV so I could install CCcam from the plugin menu, put my line on by FTP and after a reboot it was working. Did a channel scan and it's all good. Not ideal for everybody I know but I only stream to my laptop from the Edison which is in the bedroom so never use the TV anyway. I just hope I didn't do your head in Les? lol.

As for the box itself Steve, I'm well impressed up to now but then again anything beats a dreambox 500s lmao.

jim

I really can't thank Les enough for all the hours he spent helping me by pm. I'd told him that I didn't want to post that I have health issues that mean I can't absorb or retain information and that I also have mobility problems meaning I can no longer type fast or jump up and down to get to my box. By not admitting this in my post I did Les a big injustice. He's like a dog with a bone and wouldn't be put off helping no matter what I said, it got embarrassing in the end lol.

So now you all know that I'm a slow bugger but you also know what a great guy Les is although I think most of you already knew that lmao

Thanks doesn't seem enough but I'm afraid it's all I can offer you Les :cheerful:

jim

Back