MINI Edison os mini consuming all the internet bandwidth !

Well this was a strange evening, started out that my internet went very very slow and some pages could not even load, tried a few things but to no avail like turning off the modem and router etc, no change. On the phone to vm doing all sorts of checks and I could not solve it.

then I saw my modem traffic light blinking very very fast all the time, normally it just blinks now and then for traffic.

so I started unplugging each bit of kit one by one to see what was the culprit,and in the end it turned out to be my edision os mini ?

it was consuming all the bandwith on my Internet, as soon as I unplugged it the net was fine again.

so I have turned it fully off and on again and it's fine now.

what on earth could have caused this on the box I have no idea, there were several openvix updates recently but the box the restarted after.

anyone else ever come across this at all.

thanks

How long was it doing it for?

I've seen my LX2 on openvix do the same when its updating but not actually updating, quick reboot stopped it. I put it down to a possible fault within Vix and since upgrading to Vix 4 its not done it yet

whats the bet faulty mg_cfg used,one in downloads work.
it has been mentioned on many posts.=ddos oneself:fear::fear:

I am using the mg_cfg file from downloads.

the issue only started today, and I've had the box several weeks now.

hopefully it won't do it any more, I'll keep an eye on it.

thanks for the tips anyway.

Could be a faulty mg_cfg file but its happened to me when I click on "update" the box goes nuts, just says its updating but does nothing and the hamster in my router kills itself after 5 minutes lol

I think I will replace the file again later today, as when I found out it was the box I turned it on from standby and tied to check for updates and I got an animated circle in the left hand corner going for some time and then it kept going through a download progress bar non stop, even though there were no updates.

it was consuming my internet for some 3 hours approx until i found it.

I will make sure to use the mg_cfg file on here in the downloads section.

thanks

They should. Your provider may use a different port number but worth a try.

Stop mgcamd running in softcams.

In plugins download cccam 2.3.

Open notepad on PC, paste your 2 lines in. Delete 'CWS =' and replace with 'N:'. Save exactly as 'CCcam.cfg'. Make sure file type set to all. FTP to ETC.

Start cccam 2.3 and set to autostart. See how goes...

Tbh though trying a new mg config file simpler if don't have this setup already to switch to! ;) No harm setting it up to ever switch to and from.

Last edited:
ok thanks for the info, i will set that up and try it anyway as a test, won't do any harm, and try another mg config file as well.

Cheers.

Before i try cccam 2.3 i'm not sure what to do with my top line, the cws_keepalive = 60, this came with my sly sub so i just added as below for my combo box.

CWS_KEEPALIVE = 60
CWS = xxxx.xxxx.xxxx (sly)
CWS = xxxx.xxxx.xxxx (virmin)

Do i just change to this ?

N_KEEPALIVE = 60
N = xxxx.xxxx.xxxx (sly)
N = xxxx.xxxx.xxxx (virmin)

Thanks

ok thanks for spotting the colons i nearly missed that.

Off to test now, does the file go in the same place as now, i.e. /usr/keys ?

thanks

Ok all done, that was nice easy :)

All seems to work fine at the moment, i have stopped mgcam 1.38 and disabled from startup for now.

Thanks again, i did not know there was another method. What is the difference between there two plugins then.

On a side note does anyone know why my epg keeps going, it never seems to stay for long, one minute its all there for both sly and virmin, and now only sly is there and virmin is all gone ?
I have been playing but cant suss this out.

Thanks

Back