MINI Edison os mini

Yep cactikid there's really no need for a swap file on a lot of the newer generation boxes, most have dual core nowadays and plenty of memory to handle what the older boxes couldn't without a swapfile.

No its not that

---------- Post Merged at 01:15 AM ----------

Went on to the other one for all website and you can check compatibility.

Got an essence 2.

Said it was compatible with edison.
Cheers man

In case anyone got or is thinking of getting the remote. I had to send it back to one for all for re-coding as they hadnt coded it for the edision but they had for edison:oops:.
Anyway got it back today and it works great now. No more standing 2 inches away from box to change channel anymore.

Looking at upgrading to one of these from my v8. Want to be able to record and watch a program at same time. How easy are they to set up? I've noticed on WOS you can buy them with a few extras could anybody recommend what to select with the box?

Hi

I got this box, plays .mkv files no issues by .FTP to the USB or by using DreamPlex is just as good compared to my VU Duo2.

When I did set this up first I was using mgcamd I found this knocked out my internet on all devices wired and wireless.. thanks to advice from WoS they suggested I use newcamd.

For the price and Vix support I will recommend this.

---------- Post Merged at 03:20 PM ----------

Can't edit my post on my phone!!

I got a cable and a sat tuner on mine. Sky for recording and cable for watching HD..

Setting these up are real easy for anyone used to installing Vix images, all the guides are here.. the only change I made is when recording I select if it's cable or sat tuning card to use..

Also worth noting I got a Western digital USB2 HD storage and this records and plays back HD recording with no issue.

Looking at upgrading to one of these from my v8. Want to be able to record and watch a program at same time. How easy are they to set up? I've noticed on WOS you can buy them with a few extras could anybody recommend what to select with the box?

The extras if I recall are which image you want flashing , usb drives , homeplugs?
Flashing, take your pick - I have Openvix
As the Edison os-mini has built-in wifi there will probably be no need for homeplugs. (it also has Ethernet port for straight cable to router).
USB recording - depends how much you do. I find a 128gb stick will suffice for my needs - you can probably get around 30 hours of recording on that size. Others may advise a higher storage usb external drive.
The os mini doesn't have room for an internal drive.
Once you have switched it on - you will have to configure for CrossEPg, line and whatever skin (theme) display you prefer. A search or set up guide on here will explain.
All in all, you won't be disappointed with it.

I have had this box for a week now and its a good little box and find it just as good as my VU+ Solo2 BUT ONE LITTLE thing.

The REMOTE it stops working as in the box doesnt respond to button presses the remote light(on the remote) comes on when you press a button but box says NO.

Take batteries out and in again and it works straight away again for a while.

Any Ideas?

Have been discussing this over on WOS the OP on that thread and myself had exactly the same issue as your having, the batteries that are included with the remote are not very good, replacing them with high quality one's like duracell's solves the problem.

Last edited:
Triwley I have the same remote essence 3 do you have a working code I can use I can't get it working with my box. Thanks

No its not that

---------- Post Merged at 01:15 AM ----------

Went on to the other one for all website and you can check compatibility.

Got an essence 2.

Said it was compatible with edison.
Cheers man

In case anyone got or is thinking of getting the remote. I had to send it back to one for all for re-coding as they hadnt coded it for the edision but they had for edison:oops:.
Anyway got it back today and it works great now. No more standing 2 inches away from box to change channel anymore.

This is interesting.
Recently bought one and had it set it up, but the remote seems somewhat temperamental ?! :/
Also, I've somehow managed to record something, but I have no clue where it's being stored or to even series link etc..... Proper baffled :/

I am using a Logitech Harmony 300 remote control with my Edision OS Mini. It can control 4 devices and works flawlessly once set up.
They are a bit expensive though around £25-30. They do a 200 model which controls 3 devices which are a bit cheaper.
I've had mine for a few years no without problems.

Back